1.    #1  
    Hello,
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out why my EVDO speeds are consistently slow. I'm getting 400-500kbit on speed tests. My old Treo 700W on Verizon was getting that same speed.
    My only thought is that I'm not running RevA, but Honolulu is supposed to have RevA. For some reason I'm not getting RevA speeds. I've done the ##EVDO# and checked the Enable RevA box. This makes no difference for me whatsoever.
    Is my 800W broken? Does anyone else have this problem where you're in a RevA area but are NOT getting RevA speeds?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Stand on one foot well hitting the # button, you should then get Rev. A speeds.
    I visited last month and didnt notice any slowdown of speed compared to SF .I didnt do a speed check in Honolulu ,but get over 800 in San Francisco.
    Works in Waianae/Makaha Valley.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    I visited last month and didnt notice any slowdown of speed compared to SF .I didnt do a speed check in Honolulu ,but get over 800 in San Francisco.
    Just used DSLreports as suggested on another thread and Im actually getting over 1500 in SF.
    Quote Originally Posted by anubisni View Post
    Hello,
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out why my EVDO speeds are consistently slow. I'm getting 400-500kbit on speed tests. My old Treo 700W on Verizon was getting that same speed.
    My only thought is that I'm not running RevA, but Honolulu is supposed to have RevA. For some reason I'm not getting RevA speeds. I've done the ##EVDO# and checked the Enable RevA box. This makes no difference for me whatsoever.
    Is my 800W broken? Does anyone else have this problem where you're in a RevA area but are NOT getting RevA speeds?
    okay I'm curious, what does the ##EVDO# Rev A do for my internet speed? lol
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    okay I'm curious, what does the ##EVDO# Rev A do for my internet speed? lol
    Maybe it'll speed it up, but there are other issues with this. I suggest you read the prior threads about ##EVDO#. Many of us couldn't get text messages or calls once this change was made, requiring resets. It wasn't worth for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Many of us couldn't get text messages or calls once this change was made, requiring resets. It wasn't worth for me.
    I suspect the "many" who had problems selecting Rev. A were a vocal minority. I checked the Rev. A box and have never had any problems. Not regarding this with my first Treo 800w or the 2nd I got as a replacement due to other issues.
  9.    #9  
    My understanding is that checking the RevA box 'should' increase your upload speeds, and shouldn't cause any problems as long as you keep AUTOMATIC selected, but some people are inadvertently choosing "force broadband" while arrowing down to check the RevA box and this is the source of the problems.

I just hooked up to my laptop with Internet Sharing and did a speedtest on speedtest.net. It looks like I get RevA because I'm getting 700kbit down and 160kbit up. I guess you can't get more than 120kbit upload unless you are on RevA. I need to do more speedtests via Internet Sharing to confirm.

So I'm getting RevA but it certainly isn't as fast as I think it should be, and I've never seen a speedtest off the phone from DSLReports go faster than 500kbit.

I just hooked up to my laptop with Internet Sharing and did a speedtest on speedtest.net. It looks like I get RevA because I'm getting 700kbit down and 160kbit up. I guess you can't get more than 120kbit upload unless you are on RevA. I need to do more speedtests via Internet Sharing to confirm.
    You've got your Internet Sharing setup legitimately through Sprint? If so, how much are they charging you if you don't mind me asking?
  11.    #11  
    I don't know if it's "legit" but it works. There are tons of posts on this forum on getting it to work
    I don't know if it's "legit" but it works. There are tons of posts on this forum on getting it to work
    I know, but never mind...