Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I have been using the 1350 for 3 weeks now with zero problems. Those with problems should be looking at the software they have installed because if you read back a few pages in this thread you will see some reporting the exact same problems using the OEM battery.

BTW, the 1350 looks slightly bigger to the naked eye and weights 23 grams to the OEM batteries 20 grams. Which just happens to be 15% more.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have been using the 1350 for 3 weeks now with zero problems. Those with problems should be looking at the software they have installed because if you read back a few pages in this thread you will see some reporting the exact same problems using the OEM battery.

BTW, the 1350 looks slightly bigger to the naked eye and weights 23 grams to the OEM batteries 20 grams. Which just happens to be 15% more.
    I thought the same thing but there is no denying that with the same software on my device using OEM battery there have been never been BL issues. the minute I put this battery in I get BL issues with no change in software. take the 1350 out and voila! back to zero issues!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I thought the same thing but there is no denying that with the same software on my device using OEM battery there have been never been BL issues. the minute I put this battery in I get BL issues with no change in software. take the 1350 out and voila! back to zero issues!
    Have you tried it with a hard reset yet?

As in, using the Seidio battery from the get go, and on a clean slate with zero third party software?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I have not nor do I think I should have to. It very well could be a third party app conflict but there is no doubt in my mind that this conflict does not exist with the OEM battery (at least not in my case). I could do this to try to help Seidio figure out what the problem is but to put the blame only on software takes away from their responsibility to at least make their product do what the OEM product already does.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    I have not nor do I think I should have to. It very well could be a third party app conflict but there is no doubt in my mind that this conflict does not exist with the OEM battery (at least not in my case). I could do this to try to help Seidio figure out what the problem is but to put the blame only on software takes away from their responsibility to at least make their product do what the OEM product already does.
    I agree. With the OEM battery, I have no problems at all.
    You can't blame Seidio because you don't know it is their fault.

You are assuming it's their fault...and everyone knows what they say about people who assume.

Seriously though, it could be something as simple as a registry key for the battery that is caching the size, and when you switch to the larger battery the OS can't reconcile it. That wouldn't be Seidio's fault, and a hard reset would fix it.

Or it could be software that you installed that doesn't like the battery.

If you don't want to help them figure out why it's not working correctly, that's your choice. But there are literally tens of thousands of WM programs out there, and millions if not billions of combinations. It's unrealistic for Seidio to test every combination.

Just like I tell anyone who uses one of my custom ROM's or programs: "Have you tried it from a hard reset?" If they don't try that, I cannot help them. And 9 times out of 10, it fixes the problem.

Until you actually troubleshoot the problem, the blame rests firmly on your shoulders.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

You are assuming it's their fault...and everyone knows what they say about people who assume.

Until you actually troubleshoot the problem, the blame rests firmly on your shoulders.
    I agree with many of your posts, but not so much with this one. I think Seidio would have discovered such problems during engineering and testing this product. And why is it the 2600 extended battery does not cause the same issue(s)? Hard to imagine there's any process or change needed to use this battery.

My 800w has been flawless for weeks until the moment I installed the 1350 battery. I could not get the phone to function normally at all. Simply going back to the OEM battery resolved any issue. Had I known the 1350 battery might require a hard reset I would have opted for the 2600.

I'm willing to help troubleshoot the problem short of performing a hard reset. At Seidio's request I've sent them a list of applications that I'm running. I don't disagree there might a registry setting or conflicting application, but that doesn't explain why the 2600 version doesn't create the same issue(s).

My two cents...let me know if you need change.
    Last edited by aixguru; 10/01/2008 at 10:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Seriously though, it could be something as simple as a registry key for the battery that is caching the size, and when you switch to the larger battery the OS can't reconcile it. That wouldn't be Seidio's fault, and a hard reset would fix it.

Or it could be software that you installed that doesn't like the battery.

If you don't want to help them figure out why it's not working correctly, that's your choice. But there are literally tens of thousands of WM programs out there, and millions if not billions of combinations. It's unrealistic for Seidio to test every combination.

Just like I tell anyone who uses one of my custom ROM's or programs: "Have you tried it from a hard reset?" If they don't try that, I cannot help them. And 9 times out of 10, it fixes the problem.

I understand and respect what you are saying. I also never said I "knew" it was Seidios fault. I said very clearly that I appreciate that this could well be a software conflict but it is a software conflict that needs to be fixed. All I have said is I KNOW that this problem does not exist with the OEM battery with the same software installed.

How can you say that the blame rests firmly on my shoulders when I simply expect thier product to perform like the OEM product performs? Even as well as thier other product performs? I have used your software and appreciate the fact that you are very clear about potential conflicts, even going as far as saying "Install at your own risk". If I know something may not gel with what I am already running and it doesnt; well...lesson learned. That is why most software has a trial period to see if it works as intended and co-habitates with the other software already in existance. There is no "May not work with some software applications" warning on a battery that you cant do a trial on. As has been said: most have informed Seidio what programs are being run. I'm not Seidio-bashing, I just think this issue needs to be fixed.

Respect
    I just think this issue needs to be fixed.
    Yet you're not willing to do the most basic of troubleshooting, the same one that if you go to Palm, Sprint, or Microsoft to complain about a problem they'll ask you to do?

If you complained about a potential bug in say the Maps application, and Palm told you that you needed to hard reset, would you still refuse to do so, and state (or at least imply) that the problem was fully with Palm and not your setup?

And how do you know that the larger battery wouldn't have the same problem? You have no evidence for that.

Personally, I suspect that there is a problem with the battery. But until the folks complaining about it do a hard reset and show that it happens stock, then there remains a very reasonable chance that the problem lies with software and not with the hardware.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    And if it turns out to be a software conflict; what then? Should I be expected to spend the next 3-4 days installing various combinations of my very mainstream software trying to figure out exactly what is setting off a battery? Again, software conflicts I can understand. If I install a trial software I get to decide if it works well with what I already have on my device. If it doesnt, I get to decide if I want to keep it or not BEFORE I have to pay for it. With a battery? My choices are go through the hassle or send it back. Again; I'm not Seidio-bashing. They were great on the phone..in fact, they called me! Awesome service! But I paid for a piece of hardware, not software that can conflict with who-knows-what. I dont think it is unreasonable to expect that piece of hardware to work with any/every piece of software out there. If I buy a battery for my car I shouldnt have to re-program my cars computer to get it to work, regardless of the programs in that computer.
    and

And if it turns out to be a software conflict; what then? Should I be expected to spend the next 3-4 days installing various combinations of my very mainstream software trying to figure out exactly what is setting off a battery? Again, software conflicts I can understand. If I install a trial software I get to decide if it works well with what I already have on my device. If it doesnt, I get to decide if I want to keep it or not BEFORE I have to pay for it. With a battery? My choices are go through the hassle or send it back. Again; I'm not Seidio-bashing. They were great on the phone..in fact, they called me! Awesome service! But I paid for a piece of hardware, not software that can conflict with who-knows-what. I dont think it is unreasonable to expect that piece of hardware to work with any/every piece of software out there. If I buy a battery for my car I shouldnt have to re-program my cars computer to get it to work, regardless of the programs in that computer.
    I agree with you 100%!

And let's say you found some software that conflicted and you removed it. What future software will conflict with this 1350 battery, that works fine with the stock battery? And to claim that's not the fault of the battery?...
    I thought the idea of an extended life battery was for it to perform just like the OEM battery, with the only exception being that it works like the OEM battery for a longer period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    I don't disagree there might a registry setting or conflicting application, but that doesn't explain why the 2600 version doesn't create the same issue(s).
    And what about all the people using 2nd OEM batteries that have not had any issues?

2 out of 3 seem to work OK for most.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Yet you're not willing to do the most basic of troubleshooting, the same one that if you go to Palm, Sprint, or Microsoft to complain about a problem they'll ask you to do?

If you complained about a potential bug in say the Maps application, and Palm told you that you needed to hard reset, would you still refuse to do so, and state (or at least imply) that the problem was fully with Palm and not your setup?

And how do you know that the larger battery wouldn't have the same problem? You have no evidence for that.

Personally, I suspect that there is a problem with the battery. But until the folks complaining about it do a hard reset and show that it happens stock, then there remains a very reasonable chance that the problem lies with software and not with the hardware.
    I performed as much troubleshooting as possible without changing my configuration. Not much can be tested, but I did what I could do to eliminate the obvious.

I'm not sure folks are complaining rather they're updating the thread with their experience. At least that's what I was doing. I agree with others that going through a hard reset is a bit unnecessary for a battery change. I'm curious if this would resolve it, but as others have said what happens the next time you install new software.

Proof? My comments on the 2600 extended battery are based on the three threads showing extreme satisfaction with the 2600 and many problems with the 1350. That's not to say every 2600 has been perfect, but it seems the 2600 has been the better option at the moment.

Seidio did follow up today giving me the option to send it back or wait for a resolution. I can't ask for much more at the moment. I took a chance knowing others were having issues. Other words, I will wait for Seidio to provide a solution before going through the pain of a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Other words, I will wait for Seidio to provide a solution before going through the pain of a hard reset.
    "...pain of a hard reset"? Whaaa?

Palm gave you Sprite Backup in ROM. Just do a backup, hard reset and test.

Then restore and you're back.

I do it all the time for testing beta software and everything in all (backup, hard reset, test, restore) takes about 30mins.

Seriously this is the least people could do.

Ebag is right about this. You have to rule out other stuff first and don't be surprised at how flaky WM can be...
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    "...pain of a hard reset"? Whaaa?

Palm gave you Sprite Backup in ROM. Just do a backup, hard reset and test.

Then restore and you're back.

I do it all the time for testing beta software and everything in all (backup, hard reset, test, restore) takes about 30mins.

Seriously this is the least people could do.

Ebag is right about this. You have to rule out other stuff first and don't be surprised at how flaky WM can be...
    I don't disagree with the quick backup, reset, restore method, but my assumption was this would turn into a install one thing at a time until it breaks method. I purchased the battery to give me a bit more run time while on an extended motorcycle trip next week. It's something I'm happy to do when I return, but I assumed a battery was plug-n-play. Coming for a 700p I never really considered WM being impacted by a battery change. I stand corrected.
    If WM and some software are flaky, than the 1350 needs to be configured to work like the OEM and 2600, that must accommodate for the flakiness.

A vast majority of 1350 owners note it's not working well for them.

Personally speaking, if someone gave me a free 1350 battery, I'd sell it on Ebay before daring put it into my Treo 800w.

This note from the Treo 800w documentation:
    Use only batteries and chargers that are approved by Sprint or Palm with
    your device. Failure to use an approved battery or charger may prevent your
    device from turning on or charging; may void your Treo warranty; and may
    increase the risk of your device overheating, catching fire, or exploding,
    which may also result in serious bodily injury, death, or property damage.
    If a device is damaged by a non-OEM battery, Sprint's not going to replace the device. The only other remedy would depend on if someone had the additional Sprint coverage for a replacement, which would involve paying a deductible. Unless Seidio is offering a Treo replacement guarantee with the sale of their batteries? (Sure legally they'd be responsible if their product broke a Treo, but a lot of fun it would be trying to collect if Seidio does not want to pay. [sarcasm])

If I needed an extended life battery, I'd get the 2600. The reviews make it appear to be safe enough. Or I'd just deal with getting the very reliable OEM battery.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I have been using the Seidio battery for 3 days with no issues at all...not saying it is perfect...just that my battery is. FYI
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    All discussion aside; I did a hard-reset and the BL issues continue.....

I still think its ridiculous that my battery could dictate what software I run on my device. Next thing you know I will need to consider software conflicts when buying a case.
    All discussion aside; I did a hard-reset and the BL issues continue.....

I still think its rediculous that my battery could dictate what software I run on my device. Next thing you know I will need to consider software conflicts when buying a case.
    OK, so now nobody else has to endure the hassle, it's the battery.

Ehehat, thanks for taking one for the team, you proved yourself right beyond all doubt, it's the battery.

Most say they're having problems with it.

So while some 1350s off Seidio's production line work OK, way too many don't. Possibly, the majority of the 1350 batteries sold.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    In reading all the post I must of gotten one of the few 1350mAh that works. It not only works it actually impressed me with how much more battery life I have gained with just the 200mAh difference.

I have also the 2600mAh and mostly use the 1350mAh due to its size and performance. I leave the 26 for the long weekend getaways, etc.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast