Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ndsc View Post
    Ditto. I could have written this response myself. Got mine yesterday, immediately had the backlight problem, replaced it with my original battery, and the problem went away.
    I sent an email to their technical support team. I would suggest that everyone do the same. Will see if I hear back from them.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    I sent an email to their technical support team. I would suggest that everyone do the same. Will see if I hear back from them.
    Typing now.....
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Dang, I REALLY wanted to order one of these. Hope this gets figured out soon.
    Good News! I just heard from Seidio and they admit there is a problem with the battery. They are having FedEx pick it up and going to deliver a new one. I would suggest anyone having this same problem email them right away.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    Good News! I just heard from Seidio and they admit there is a problem with the battery. They are having FedEx pick it up and going to deliver a new one. I would suggest anyone having this same problem email them right away.

did you email through their website or through the contact on these forums? I sent it through here and havent heard anything back.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Does this mean that it is ok to order this battery now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    did you email through their website or through the contact on these forums? I sent it through here and havent heard anything back.
    I did it through their web site directly.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I rcvd mine today in the mail. Sent email to Seidio. I won't even try it until I hear from them.

Algo got the pen stylus and those are awesome. I had them on my 680 and really missed that.

Esteban
    I got this battery today and I am having significant problems with it. Half the time, I put it in and the phone makes it half way through the palm screen and then freezes with a blue screen with colored dots. The other half the time, it will make to Windows Mobile but then it wont charge. Is anyone else having these issues?
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yep. Where is the Seidio rep?
    I am also having an issue latley, It was working Terriffic the first week BUT after a week it is draining faster then the regular battery. Man I know we all were really asking for this but how do you release such a mess. But I do have faith they will fix this as they did for the stylus.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I have to say i'm disappointed in the battery. I have tried to give it a chance but not once, in any manner of testing I've done, have I seen a 15%..or even a 10%..hell even a 5% increase in capacity. I've had screen issues since I've received it. I plan on sending an email asking to exchange this for the 2600 and just deal with the hump.
    The hump is really not that bad. I had it on my Centro and now with the 800W and the 2600ma batter rocks with life.
    I just rec'd a 1350 battery from Seidio.
    Put it in the phone and on the charger (just about empty upon out of the box) - charged to about 75% before leaving for dinner.
    Got home and back on the - checked it just before going to bed; the led was now green w/ battery icon showing 95%.

Woke up this morning and the battery level icon is gone and replaced with a phone sound level icon (never even seen this before).
    Pulled the Seidio battery and put the stocker back in -back to normal.
    Pulled the oem and Seidio back in - now it starts to boot and locks up.
    Went ahead and went through the oem and then Seidio dance again - the Seidio has now completely booted up with the battery icon back and showing 94%. I'm going to put it back on the charger and see if all this happens again.

Thoughts???
    Seidio???
    Quote Originally Posted by CZSteve View Post
    I just rec'd a 1350 battery from Seidio.
    Put it in the phone and on the charger (just about empty upon out of the box) - charged to about 75% before leaving for dinner.
    Got home and back on the - checked it just before going to bed; the led was now green w/ battery icon showing 95%.

Woke up this morning and the battery level icon is gone and replaced with a phone sound level icon (never even seen this before).
    Pulled the Seidio battery and put the stocker back in -back to normal.
    Pulled the oem and Seidio back in - now it starts to boot and locks up.
    Went ahead and went through the oem and then Seidio dance again - the Seidio has now completely booted up with the battery icon back and showing 94%. I'm going to put it back on the charger and see if all this happens again.

Thoughts???
    Seidio???
    As far as the Battery level icon missing and a sound level icon in its place, I had that happen without owning a Seidio battery. Not sure what happened, or how it got there. Went to bed with the battery icon, woke up to the sound icon. Very weird, but it doesn't have anything to do with Seidio though. Hope that helps.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    As far as the Battery level icon missing and a sound level icon in its place, I had that happen without owning a Seidio battery. Not sure what happened, or how it got there. Went to bed with the battery icon, woke up to the sound icon. Very weird, but it doesn't have anything to do with Seidio though. Hope that helps.
    You're probably correct; I was 'assuming' there was a correlation."
    I put the phone w/ the Seidio 1350 back and charge until it showed 100% - seems OK now.
    I am still bit concerned on how it usually takes a couple of attempts to get the phone to boot without locking when doing a soft reset.

I'd like to have the both the battery AND ringer icon.
    The ringer icon had three radio buttons below the level meters to choose "ring, vibrate, & off or mute" that you don't get when using the side level buttons - anyone know how to get this on the screen or a back door?

Thanks
    Steve
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    One way (in my mind anyway) to confirm that the BL issues are battery related:

I notice when the BL goes off and i turn the phone off i get a low battery indicator on my screen saver even though the battery is fully charged. i can play with turning it off/on until the indicator goes away then the BL will work.

Where the is the Seidio rep with information about this??!! Isnt it strange that he has been so absent lately?
    This battery (after the first week ) has been a disaster. I never recieved a reply to the email I sent during the week requesting a exchange / refund. anyone hear back from them ??
    I hate to rain on everyones parade but:

Unless Palm underrated their battery by %15 (possible) or actually stuffed a smaller mAH cell then what could actually fit into the 800w battery shell (also possible), there is very very little chance that any replacement battery of the same size will have consistently %15 more capacity than the Palm one.

If you take the best and worst case production runs of all the Lithium Ion producers there may be a up to %15 difference in capacity in batteries of the same size.

Hardly something I'm willing to gamble CHEC on without scientific proof (using industry standard test methods) to back up their claims.

(cold hard earned cash)

Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloof View Post
    I hate to rain on everyones parade but:

Unless Palm underrated their battery by %15 (possible) or actually stuffed a smaller mAH cell then what could actually fit into the 800w battery shell (also possible), there is very very little chance that any replacement battery of the same size will have consistently %15 more capacity than the Palm one.

If you take the best and worst case production runs of all the Lithium Ion producers there may be a up to %15 difference in capacity in batteries of the same size.

Hardly something I'm willing to gamble CHEC on without scientific proof (using industry standard test methods) to back up their claims.

(cold hard earned cash)

Mark.
    This is a good point. You hear of many users having great battery life and some getting very poor. If you throw only a 15 percent increment to the mix its hard to determine the results if any. I would bet that those who were getting good battery life probably did benefit 15 percent where as those who were getting poor battery life probably got even worse battery life.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.