Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Good news to hear/read treotraveler .
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    So has anyone gotten the 1350 battery? Will this thing give us 700P like life?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    So has anyone gotten the 1350 battery? Will this thing give us 700P like life?
    Mine shipped Saturday... I will post once I get it.
    Tried to order one, says out of stock....
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    You're smart to order early - quote from seidioonline:

# Sorry, the following item is currently out of stock: "Innocell 1350 Extended Life Battery"
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Thanks, I look forward to hearing the results you get from it. BTW, how long does your current battery last you?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Mine shipped Friday...I'll be awaiting mail tomorrow
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Thanks, I look forward to hearing the results you get from it. BTW, how long does your current battery last you?
    I get about 6-7 hours... unless I charge frequently, which I have been doing. I got a 1350 with my Touch (it had the same 1150 as the 800 originally). I did not see much difference. However I bought a Chinese knock off battery so I am hopeful seidios will be better. There was ALOT of debate about the actual difference provided by the 1350 ( I suspect the will seeing that debate continue shortly)
    Anyone else notice LESS battery life with the Seidio 1350? I wouldn't have thought it possible, but there it is.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Do these batteries need to be conditioned? Charged/used a few times before it holds true charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by estebanj View Post
    Do these batteries need to be conditioned? Charged/used a few times before it holds true charge?
    That's a whole can of worms on the technicalities of batteries...

But in general, yes (in theory, no). It's actually a combination of getting the battery conditioned (although this is less important these days, maybe even irrelevant) and getting the device to recalibrate to the higher mah's.

From my experience (and I have half a dozen Seidio batteries for various devices) it's best to use it for 1 week then evaluate the battery; those first few days with a "new" battery can be all over the place. Blame it on storage, temperature or the cells not fully energizing...whatever.

We used to use SPB Benchmark for battery tests, though I'm not sure if it works with WM6--it's fairly hardcore, but a significant test tool for evaluating batteries.

Here with an effective ~30min increase with the 1350mah, it'll be quite hard to just eyeball it without controlled tests.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by estebanj View Post
    Malatesta is correct. We ask that you charge your battery for at least 8 hours the first time, and it will typically hit it's peak performance after 5 or 6 charges. I'd recommend that you simply plug it in every night for the first week or so. Li-on batteries work best above 40% and like to be charged often.

Thanks,
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Tried to order one, says out of stock....
    Guys I apologize. The first shipment we received sold out much quicker than we'd anticipated. Let me find out when we're expecting more in and I'll let you know.

Thanks,
    Does anyone make a stand alone battery charging station for these batteries to charge them outside of the phone? Would be nice to have a fully charged battery to pop in when I forget to charge the phone. And since I would need a second battery to use the charger, one of these high capacity units would be just the ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Does anyone make a stand alone battery charging station for these batteries to charge them outside of the phone? Would be nice to have a fully charged battery to pop in when I forget to charge the phone. And since I would need a second battery to use the charger, one of these high capacity units would be just the ticket.
    Yes, there are stand alone chargers and even sync cradles with an extra battery charging slot.

I have an extra battery that I charged up in the phone and just carry it around. Haven't had the need to use it so far. Maybe when I go camping but now I have the Sprint power pack and charge only cable so that will probably be what I use more.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    JC,

We do make a Multi-Function charger that will charge the battery and your device at the same time. It can also be used as a desktop battery charger when plugged into a USB port.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Can anyone post bench tests with old battery and with new 1350mAh.. Before and after type results. Curious with normal use (no gps / wifi) how much 15% increase is.

(example.. 8 hours use vs 9 hours with 1350mAh, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    Can anyone post bench tests with old battery and with new 1350mAh.. Before and after type results. Curious with normal use (no gps / wifi) how much 15% increase is.

(example.. 8 hours use vs 9 hours with 1350mAh, etc)
    Someone did the math and it basically adds ~30mins to total talk time (so from 4hrs to 4.5hrs)

I'm sure people will do some tests when the get them, but as mentioned above they should wait a week.

Also the "tests" should be very well controlled (which is tedious as hell--i'm talking running down from 100-0%, using both batteries--that's 8-9hrs for 1 test).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Running a lithium battery down to 0% will kill the battery in short order.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    Running a lithium battery down to 0% will kill the battery in short order.
    You are correct, however most devices will shut down before the battery is completely discharged.
    It would be reasonable to assume this is true for the 800w.
    I can't personally say that's true, since I bought a buttload of chargers and keep the my phone charging when possible.

For purposes of testing the capacity of both batteries, you would simply record when the device shuts down. At that point there will likely be several percent of a charge left in each battery, but for practical purposes that is the 0% level and SHOULD be the same threshold for both batteries.
    Last edited by jabo; 09/08/2008 at 10:51 PM.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast