Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Levman's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #1  
    Having a dial pad, contacts, and call history all in one place on my (PalmOS-based) Treo 700p was sure convenient ... has anyone found anything at all similar for the 800w?
  2. #2  
    Yeah, I miss TakePhone on the 800 too. But I still use it on my Centro.

  3. #3  
    You can try Sunnysoft Contacts. Not the same as Takephone but it's better than nothing.
  4. #4  
    Has anyone contacted the developer of Takephone to see if he is considering a port to WM?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5. Levman's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Has anyone contacted the developer of Takephone to see if he is considering a port to WM?
    Yes, that was the first thing I did ... he's not planning to port it. His response was "I have tried porting my apps few times in the past, but always came to a dead end - the WM devices (I tried a few) were all way too slow. Using TAKEphONE was just not worth it..."
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Levman View Post
    "I have tried porting my apps few times in the past, but always came to a dead end - the WM devices (I tried a few) were all way too slow. Using TAKEphONE was just not worth it..."
    That's insane. Perhaps a WM developer should take a shot at it if anyone wants it (I checked it out, seems pointless since WM has all this stuff) as there is no way it's too slow.
  7. #7  
    WM is slow compared to Palm when it comes to basic functionality. With WM the wheel still spins while Palm waits.
  8. Levman's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    You can try Sunnysoft Contacts. Not the same as Takephone but it's better than nothing.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I am testing Sunnysoft Contacts now ... seems pretty good, except the phone button icons (even at the "large" setting) are kind of small. I've sent an email to the developer to see if there is any way I might be able to change that.

    On the other hand, it solves another problem for me: I am running SPB Mobile Shell, and it is hard to get to the dial pad from within SPB unless you go to the "Today" screen (which I prefer to avoid). Sunnysoft lets you re-assign the green button to take you directly to Sunnysoft Contacts, which solves that problem.
  9. #9  
    Another one to try is http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php...dressbook.html but it is slower and I don't think it displays correctly on the 800w.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Levman View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. I am testing Sunnysoft Contacts now ... seems pretty good, except the phone button icons (even at the "large" setting) are kind of small.
    Another problem it seems to have (judging from the screenshots) is there are no pound (#) or asterik (*) keys on the dialpad. This is a must have for a phone dialer. Sure you can use the keypad but what's the point of having a dialer screen without all the proper buttons?

    I also miss TakePhone, it blows away any phone app I've yet to see for WinMo.
  11. #11  
    Shimon already said on WinMo, he won't touch dis.

    Forget about using TakePhone with StyleTap. 4Cast does work on the 800w with Styletap with manual updating the forecasts.

    It's a decision Shimon made to not deal with WinMo. I wish he would change his mind.......

  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Another problem it seems to have (judging from the screenshots) is there are no pound (#) or asterik (*) keys on the dialpad. This is a must have for a phone dialer. Sure you can use the keypad but what's the point of having a dialer screen without all the proper buttons?

    I also miss TakePhone, it blows away any phone app I've yet to see for WinMo.
    I think there is an option to customize the bottom row of buttons so you can add those keys.
  13. Levman's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Another problem it seems to have (judging from the screenshots) is there are no pound (#) or asterik (*) keys on the dialpad. This is a must have for a phone dialer. Sure you can use the keypad but what's the point of having a dialer screen without all the proper buttons?
    Good catch, I hadn't noticed that. I did some testing, there are two ways to get to # or *:

    While placing a call: tap "Menu" then "Special Characters"

    Once call is placed (which is when you'd usually want access to these characters?): the screen goes to the normal WinMo "Call in Progress" screen, at which point you can go to "Menu" then "Dial pad" (which is something I've found to be very annoying - those characters aught to be on the "Call in progress" screen!)

    So it doesn't seem to improve WinMo's approach to dialing with regards to these characters, but doesn't seem to make the situation any worse either.

Posting Permissions