Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It sure is and for practical use, it is not a stable platform. It works, then it does not work, then it works. Nice, but not stable for real work.

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Why?

Java is an amazing piece of technology...
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It sure is and for practical use, it is not a stable platform. It works, then it does not work, then it works. Nice, but not stable for real work.
    Well I haven't run much Java-based software on the WM platform but on the desktop it is a solid platform across many operating systems and on standard mobile phones it runs like a champ as well so, in general, I must disagree.

My limited experience with the IBM J2ME implementation was that it ran fine. I currently have JBED installed but have not used it.

Sorry for going OT...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    WTF, with those avatars I feel like there is a political debate going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    WTF, with those avatars I feel like there is a political debate going on.
    Didn't you hear? It's an election year... ;-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Didn't you hear? It's an election year... ;-)
    My cave isn't hooked up to cable.
    Wow, I see the avitars have been removed...Oh, well, I can see where it may have been necessary to keep people from getting upset when people exercise their right to fair speech. At least all were removed.
    Wow, I see the avitars have been removed...Oh, well, I can see where it may have been necessary to keep people from getting upset when people exercise their right to fair speech. At least all were removed.
    ?

All three of our avatars are still showing up for me.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I'm running 1.2.4 right now, people are saying 1.2.6 is buggy.

In the gmail program, are people having trouble seeing the bottom option in the menu because the status bar cuts it off? Anyway to work around that? Thanks!
    That's how it was on Palm OS and even on WM with some of the poorer JVMs. JBed is stable and efficient.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12