Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    At times I do not get any inbound calls. Does any one have this problem? Is there a fix for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by helpdesk View Post
    At times I do not get any inbound calls. Does any one have this problem? Is there a fix for it?
    I have read others complain of that here and it hadn't happened to me until today when I missed several....interested in what responses you get...off to search this forum to see if anything came of other similar discussions.
    So far, from what I've read, some better than me have suggested that if you leave your old phone on, then the towers get "confused."

Some also suggested it is easy to turn the ringer down... never happened to me, but I guess it is possible. Happened with my treo 700wx so I'd guess it could happen with the 800.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    My first 800w stopped receiving calls as well as voicemail and SMS notifications. Once I would check my voicemail, notifications and text messages would start popping up. I'm new to Sprint with this phone so it wasn't a tower confusion. No ammount of resets or actions from Sprint would fix it so they exchanged it.

An odd thing that happened at the same time is that my scheduled Sprite backups stopped happening the day that it stopped getting calls. I don't know if that is just a coincidence or related to the problem.

Some Centros had the same problem with incoming calls and there was a fix for that on the Palm site. But not for the 800w.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    An odd thing that happened at the same time is that my scheduled Sprite backups stopped happening the day that it stopped getting calls. I don't know if that is just a coincidence or related to the problem.
    Odd, Sprite has missed my last two scheduled backups (weekly), though it just did the missed call crap today. I did notice that for some of the calls I missed, I got a truncated notification that I had a call, but it was so short, I could not answer before it went to VM. The callers stated it just rang and rang until it eventually went to VM. Could this be a network thing?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Could this be a network thing?
    I read on another forum that Sprint was having massive system problems over the weekend. Perhaps it's still going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    I read on another forum that Sprint was having massive system problems over the weekend. Perhaps it's still going on?
    Maybe that is why everyone is getting my text messages 5 to 10 times....
    Quote Originally Posted by helpdesk View Post
    I had two sprint customers near me (and one in a different state) call me and they all went to my voicemail after a few rings! I had at least 4 bars too. Test was done around 10PM EST. When I called them back, hung up and had them try again, my phone then rang.

My old phone is off since I got this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    So far, from what I've read, some better than me have suggested that if you leave your old phone on, then the towers get "confused."
    This maybe the case for some, but since we have several 800W's, one of which was doing this, we swapped the accounts on that and another one. The device that had the problem kept the problem.

Not sure if that is a perfect test, but for us that pointed to the device and we replaced it with no problems after
    Any tropical storms/hurricanes in your vicinity that could be effecting the network?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This maybe the case for some, but since we have several 800W's, one of which was doing this, we swapped the accounts on that and another one. The device that had the problem kept the problem.

Not sure if that is a perfect test, but for us that pointed to the device and we replaced it with no problems after
    Very interesting. Yeah, my suspicions have been that it's the device, but I couldn't be sure. Your test pretty much confirms it. Guess I'll be calling to get another replacement since others have apparently solved this issue that way. I'm only on #2, maybe by #5 I'll have a good one. lol
  12.    #12  
    Thank you everyone for all the input. Looks like I'm going to give Sprint a call and see what they have to say.
    i've been having this issue as well since i've gotten my phone. i'm actually on phone number #2 which is a bit ridiculous but I do love the phone. gotta live with it. but my issue does occur randomly but not as often. I still have 2 more weeks left within my 30 days. What am I to do after that? oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptpinoy View Post
    I still have 2 more weeks left within my 30 days. What am I to do after that? oh well.

I believe the warranty from Palm is for 90 days. The 30 day limit is just for Sprint to do a quick exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Very interesting. Yeah, my suspicions have been that it's the device, but I couldn't be sure. Your test pretty much confirms it. Guess I'll be calling to get another replacement since others have apparently solved this issue that way. I'm only on #2, maybe by #5 I'll have a good one. lol
    Yeah. We went back and forth with tech support. I finally found someone who had seen it before with the device. They had checked and seen a number of exchanges for the problem on new accounts after we swapped it between lines and gave it a few days.

In some cases it may well be a network bug causing persistence in looking for a former device not cleared out of the system by Sprint. In other cases it maybe local network problems. but in our case (and according to support, in the cases of others) it definitely was not.
    Alright,

I am a new sprint customer, I ported my number in and got my hands on an 800w thinking it would be the best phone sprint was offering, well I was ssa backwards lol!

The phone does not reliably recieve inbound calls, sms text messages, or voicemail indicators once an evdo session has been opened.

The only way I am able to recieve my calls is to go to settings, click the phone icon, go to the services tab at the bottom of the screen, then from the list select data settings, from there uncheck allow connection to the internet. Once any evdo connectivity is blocked then and only then does my 800w actually get its calls and whatnot the way a phone with good signal should.

The checkbox above that says do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session is what is broken here. I have that box unchecked so, logically the phone should receive its calls even if the evdo is on.

Okay here is the comparison, I have a buddy with an old Q9c and he can pull up sprint tv just fine and while he is watching it if I call him it interrupts the video stream that is comming in over his evdo and TA DA! the phone rings.. Well when we do the same with my phone and start sreaming sprint tv, you could call me all day long but as long as the evdo is enabled you would never get through to me..... even if your life depended on it.

The 800w is an amazing phone, but because of this serious flaw it is a piece of crap for anyone using its evdo capibility, unless of course you are so important that no one ever calls you!!

If Palm and Sprint realize this I hope they will release a fix for the device, but if they do not you have a really expensive phone that is nearly useless IMHO...

Here is where people are talking about it on palms support site:
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=4375

-N
    It's probably a flaw on your particular unit.

I had to replace my first 800w because of that but mine would not get calls at all no matter what the settings. My second one so far has not had any issue with calls regardless of data connections.

If you're still in the first 30 days, take it back to Sprint and have them swap it out.
    My phone seems to randomly lower the speaker volume to 0. Is is possible that you're just not hearing the ring?
    Oh I am sure as shoot that the phones ringer is turned up.. I initially got complaints from clients, workers, and bosses that seemed to be screening calls, so I obviously did some troubleshooting and its the flipping device.

Basically the only way to make the phone part of the phone actually work is disable any and all evdo stuff all togeather and reboot the phone by taking out the battery, and then bam calls to my number ring through on my phone just fine, and when I am unable to answer the call it shows up as a missed call and a instant voicemail indicator if the person calling takes the moment to leave me the message.

I am a IT systems administrator and I rely on the phone as a lifeline, for both voice and data.. and once the data part has been used the voice part ceases to function on the device.

Other people are complaining about this issue in new threads such as here:
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...3319&jump=true
    you can follow this also at w w w.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=11711515#post11711515
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast