1.    #1  
    Anyone ever have their call display go missing? Now the only way I can tell if I'm on a call is from the small icon in the upper right hand corner and the option to put the call on hold in the lower left corner. There is no call display, timer or anything.

See the attached screen shot.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    looks like you got rid of the sprint bar....this has numerous side effects one of which I suffered was lack of an active call screen. And the only way I got it back was a hard reset. HTH
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Looks like your using some kind SPB app, just add the Sprint Bar back to the today screen. You should not have to hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard187 View Post
    Looks like your using some kind SPB app, just add the Sprint Bar back to the today screen. You should not have to hard reset.
    Where do you add it back? I can't find it.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem - I'm using Mobile Shell, and I still have the Sprint Bar showing. Are you using Pocket Plus?

The only thing that I have installed that modifies my carrier display is Treo Alerts, and hannip assured me that TA wasn't the cause.
    I have the same issue and I have SPB Mobile Shell.. I think that may be causing the issue. However, just removing it does not fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by billecorgan View Post
    I have the same issue and I have SPB Mobile Shell.. I think that may be causing the issue. However, just removing it does not fix it.
    Hence my hard reset comment above. While I didn't so this with Mobile Shell, I did it with a reg edit, once I tried to go back, the phone wouldn't have it...not sure if something else gets changed as a result of changing this, but that sprint bar is a PITA once messed with (with the exception of Cody's personalizer and TA)....
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Try displaying active call, it is a hidden item on the the today screen.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Try displaying active call, it is a hidden item on the the today screen.
    can you give some additional guidance where this option is located? seems to be well 'hidden'.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    A lot of these programs miss with things on the today like the sprint bar and active call which is hidden for a reason. I messed with these when I was trying to get the HTC Home plugin fit on the screen. And it screwed up everything.
    Search these threads on this forum for help on the active call plug-in.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=Active+Call
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=htc+home
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    A lot of these programs miss with things on the today like the sprint bar and active call which is hidden for a reason. I messed with these when I was trying to get the HTC Home plugin fit on the screen. And it screwed up everything.
    Search these threads on this forum for help on the active call plug-in.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=Active+Call
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=htc+home
    Thanks for the assist and for the links. From reading these threads, I changed the 'type' in the Active Call registry entry to 5 - Active Call now appears as an item on my Today screen settings and is checked by default. However, still no call display. Am I missing something else?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Here is my clean active call reg:

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Active Call"]
    "bDoRilDialMsg"=dword:00000000
    "hWnd"=dword:7c081030
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "bDoRilConnectMsg"=dword:00000000
    "DLL"="\\Windows\\ActiveCallPlugin.dll"
    "Type"=dword:00000006
    "Selectability"=dword:00000002
    "Order"=dword:00000001
    "Options"=dword:00000001
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Here is my clean active call reg:

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Active Call"]
    "bDoRilDialMsg"=dword:00000000
    "hWnd"=dword:7c081030
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "bDoRilConnectMsg"=dword:00000000
    "DLL"="\\Windows\\ActiveCallPlugin.dll"
    "Type"=dword:00000006
    "Selectability"=dword:00000002
    "Order"=dword:00000001
    "Options"=dword:00000001
    Thanks so much for the help, gerard . . . it seems to be working now, but with slightly different settings than what you have. I set the type for Active Call and Dial Lookup to 5 and the rest of my displayed Today screen items (Mobile Shell and TodayAgenda) to type 4, and it works like a champ. I had to soft reset to get it to cooperate. The order setting for Active Call is 3 and Dial Lookup is 2.

As I was going through the various registry permutations, I kept getting a scrollbar at the right, like the call display was bumping down the other today items off screen rather than just overlaying them. Weird. I can recall what I changed to actually get the settings right, but it's working as if new.
    i changed my registry values to 'original ones' and managed to get active call screen back but then my calendar wouldn't show on today items list. got tired messing with it and just did hard reset and restored from backup.
    guess next time b4 i make similar changes I will restore more often.
    Last edited by antoniosp; 10/05/2008 at 01:57 PM.
    I had the same [problem. I installed Mobile Shell, then TreoAlerts, then PocketPlus and after installing PP is when Mine went missing. I tried installing the Beta 4.0.3 and still had the issue. I eventually did a hard reset and went back to before I installed PP. I didn't have Treo Alerts change the display, then installed PP and everything still worked. I even changed the display of TreoAlerts after installing PP. But I still have the carrier line and the call number line and I also have a scroll bar down the right side that I didn't have before. Hope this helps and if anyone else found out how to get it all to work, please post
    ty pimphand

ur settings worked.
    Yes. Thanks, Pimphand!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I was freaking out about this for so long.
    Thanks so much.