1.    #1  
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=BASI10HDIAM

"This Innocell extended battery provides up to 10% more capacity in the same size package. It is a great replacement with more power than the original."

I realize it's only 10%, but anything will help. Is this something newly developed for the Diamond, or is it a battery that was originally used for some other model and is just compatible?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=BASI10HDIAM

"This Innocell extended battery provides up to 10% more capacity in the same size package. It is a great replacement with more power than the original."

I realize it's only 10%, but anything will help. Is this something newly developed for the Diamond, or is it a battery that was originally used for some other model and is just compatible?

You didn't state or imply otherwise, but note this is for the GSM Diamond, not the CDMA Diamond.
  3.    #3  
    Either way, neither of them are even available in the U.S. commercially yet..
    Innocell 2600 Extended Life Battery

They're working on a Treo 800w battery, that will give over 100% improvement. While they are offering HTC Diamond owners a replacement battery, that only improves battery life by 10%. (Nothing else noted as being in development for HTC Diamond in the battery department on their site.) If I was an HTC Diamond owner, I'd be asking if Seidio likes Treo 800w better. Because it's taking a while to produce, but the battery for the Treo 800w will offer more.
    I'd prefer a more potent battery in the same footprint personally. Even if it's 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Innocell 2600 Extended Life Battery

They're working on a Treo 800w battery, that will give over 100% improvement. While they are offering HTC Diamond owners a replacement battery, that only improves battery life by 10%. (Nothing else noted as being in development for HTC Diamond in the battery department on their site.) If I was an HTC Diamond owner, I'd be asking if Seidio likes Treo 800w better. Because it's taking a while to produce, but the battery for the Treo 800w will offer more.
    I would also prefer a battery that fits in the same space but can offer a little more juice. I purchased a large battery for my Mogul but it made the back so large it was a pain to carry and just plain ugly.

If Seidio made a Treo 800w battery that was the same size but offered 10% more juice, I'd be all over it.

To be honest though, I'm getting used to the small battery. It recharges fast. I list to streaming music all day and on my drive to and from work. If my battery is low, I plug it in and in about an hour it's almost fully charged.
    I've really got no dog in this fight, since I don't need any extended life battery at all. But if I did need one, I'd laugh at 10% extra, even if it fit neatly into the current frame. I'd take the over 100% increase and deal with the shape difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I've really got no dog in this fight, since I don't need any extended life battery at all. But if I did need one, I'd laugh at 10% extra, even if it fit neatly into the current frame. I'd take the over 100% increase and deal with the shape difference.
    I think this is where the disconnect is though. I wouldn't be buying the battery because it's an extended battery. I would buy it because I want a 2nd battery and if I can get 10% more juice, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I think this is where the disconnect is though. I wouldn't be buying the battery because it's an extended battery. I would buy it because I want a 2nd battery and if I can get 10% more juice, why not?
    What if it costs over 10% more than the Palm 1150 mAh Battery for Treo 800w? The Innocell 1000 Extended Life Battery is just 1000mAh (weaker than the standard Treo 800w battery) and cost over 10% more. (And a battery offering 10% more for a Treo 800w [1265mAh] might cost more than $34.95.) Cost wise, buying two standard batteries gets you more for less .
    If it's that much more than I'd pass... but I'd hope it wouldn't be
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hmm, there doesn't seem to be much room inside the battery compartment for any battery other than the standard one. Any extended battery would have to be the same size as the original one, unless you make the case bigger. Then again, 4-5mm extra for the Seidio extended battery doesn't seem all that much just from measuring with a ruler (but I'd have to buy a new case from them!)

In any case, if they made a 15-1600mAh extended battery that doesn't require a new battery cover, I'd probably take them up on it, especially since that seems to be the standard battery size on most WinMo phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
    (but I'd have to buy a new case from them!)
    Yea, they need to market a special case with their 2600 Extended Life Battery .
  13.    #13  
    Think about it. A year or 2 ago the most they could squish into a MicroSD card was 1 or 2 gigs...now they are squeezing 14-32gb in something the same exact size.

I know power, voltage, and ampage present a different spectrum of issues, but can't the same hold true?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    Think about it. A year or 2 ago the most they could squish into a MicroSD card was 1 or 2 gigs...now they are squeezing 14-32gb in something the same exact size.

I know power, voltage, and ampage present a different spectrum of issues, but can't the same hold true?
    By the time they figure it out for batteries, we probably will have moved on to Treo 1000s running off fuel cells .
    OK, no more being upset you folks who wanted another battery. You now have options and decisions to make.

There is now a 1350mAH battery for the 800w. That's over 15% more battery and fits the Treo 800w without having to replace the battery cover.

The price is $39.95, that's 33% more than the price of the Palm 1150 mAh Battery for Treo 800w. Which would mean you'd be paying 33% more in money for a little over 17% additional battery capacity.

The 1150's are better in terms of $/mAH.

But what are you folks who wanted this larger battery that fits the current battery cover going to do?