Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Woooo-hooooo!
    Yeppie!
    Hip Hip Horay.
    Just call me Berd.
    Congratulations on your new toy. What carrier will you be using for service?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Me too. I'll be using T-Mobile (UK, of course)
    Last edited by Stig; 09/03/2008 at 02:22 PM.
  4.    #5  
    I will be using the mobile operator 3 (Sweden).

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    499 Euro / $723 for this?!!! Why didn't you just wait and see if you buy it when it launched stateside for $549 / 379 Euro??

You must be swimming in Euros..err...dough.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  6.    #7  
    I'm actually swimming in "kronor" (plural of "krona") as Sweden is not part of the European Monetary Union.

Jokes aside, yes it's expensive but not so expensive if you compare with similar devices. The TyTn cost more when it was released.

Another important factor is that I can't wait to lay my hands on it!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    You can get it from MCO for $499 pre-ordered.
    Does pre-ordering really help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    I'm actually swimming in "kronor" (plural of "krona") as Sweden is not part of the European Monetary Union.

Jokes aside, yes it's expensive but not so expensive if you compare with similar devices. The TyTn cost more when it was released.

Another important factor is that I can't wait to lay my hands on it!
    I place a big premium on having it when I want it. I'll pay extra to get it early.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnick6 View Post
    You can get it from MCO for $499 pre-ordered.
    What is MCO?
    stageworks@usa.net
    Quote Originally Posted by stageworks View Post
    What is MCO?
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=23676
    -tgwaste
    Mobilecity listed the RETAIL price as $699.00 and then give its customers $200 discount. Other companies like buy.com (final price = $528.46) and provantage.com (final price $496.68) do not give a ballooned discount.
    I ordered mine from MCO and it came to $524.94 total with overnight shipping.
    -tgwaste
    Wow, I cant believe people spend that kind of money on a stupid phone. $199 is as much as i'd ever pay for a phone, and that's even pushing it. ESPECIALLY with all that is out there. You can get a Blackberry now for $99.

I guess if you have the $$, more power too you. But hey, Palm LOVES people who spend that money. They laugh it to the bank.

With $500-$700 I could get myself a Treo 800w + a Laptop. If it was $723, I would even have $$ left over AFTER the purchase of both.

One thing for sure, is that there will always be "those" people out there, who cant wait. Look at the people who got the iPhone way back when. I was laughing my **** off when the price dropped.

Money well spent... probably not, but at least you all can brag.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Yes, but how much money have you spent on your phones when you add up all the monthly plan payments?

Here in the UK, I could get a Treo Pro for 'free', but I will be paying 35 pounds ($60) per month for 18 months. If someone doesn't use all the texts, minutes and data each month, that's money wasted.

For my usage, buying the phone unlocked saves me money.
    Then again, i sold my old iphone for 400 a month ago.

Of course, i'm still wondering why i'm paying 150 a month on crappier at&t when i could be on a much faster sprint just paying 99 a month. Who cares what the phone cost..its the monthly service that matters.

Oops..all of a sudden that 199 doesn't seem like such a deal.
  17. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Here in the UK, I could get a Treo Pro for 'free', but I will be paying 35 pounds ($60) per month for 18 months. If someone doesn't use all the texts, minutes and data each month, that's money wasted.
    Here in the US, I wish AT&T would offer $60--I'm looking at $75/month. $40 for voice, $30 for data, $5 for 200 SMS. Plus fees and taxes, of course.
    What choices do US GSM guys have?
    Tmobile? forget it.
    So we go with Att.
    What's the benefit of paying 529?
    We still need a service provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    What choices do US GSM guys have?
    Tmobile? forget it.
    So we go with Att.
    What's the benefit of paying 529?
    We still need a service provider.
    actually in arizona (where i live) tmobile is WAY better than at&t. i would never switch to at&t. Not to mention my plan rules: $70/month for 600(nw free), 1000 txt, unlimited data.
    -tgwaste
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast