Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. jgk
    Just ordered mine from [url]www.dabs.com[/url (in the UK) - officially showing as "out of Stock" but their suppier has nine in stock apparently, which I'm told by the sales rep means a lead time of just 3-4 days.

Also nearly 50 cheaper than the offical Palm price!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgk View Post
    Just ordered mine from [url]www.dabs.com[/url (in the UK) - officially showing as "out of Stock" but their suppier has nine in stock apparently, which I'm told by the sales rep means a lead time of just 3-4 days.

Also nearly 50 cheaper than the offical Palm price!
    Many UK companies are using the same distributor. I ordered mine from lambda-tek this morning, and the status is showing as 'shipped'!
    It's 549 Euros, or 599, I forget, which is about $800-$850. lol...We have the best prices in the U.S., almost always with any product.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    It's 549 Euros, or 599, I forget, which is about $800-$850. lol...We have the best prices in the U.S., almost always with any product.
    No, from Palm directly it's 499 Euro, or 399 pounds, but that includes national taxes.

As mentioned in another thread, I paid 278 pounds (US$488) plus shipping and taxes from another supplier.

Edit: I do agree with CrunchDude that US prices are normally lowest. This seems to be an exception. I also think it's the first time Palm has done a global launch.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    curious to know if you ordered yours this week (week of Sept 8) like the rest of us? also, did you receive an email suggesting delivery would occur sometime during the end of Sept. thanks for responding.
    I ordered it from Palm's Swedish sight on 3 September and the confirmation mail I received didn't state a delivery date, but it arrived today and I'm writing this post on my Treo Pro. And I love my new Treo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    I ordered it from Palm's Swedish sight on 3 September and the confirmation mail I received didn't state a delivery date, but it arrived today and I'm writing this post on my Treo Pro. And I love my new Treo!!!
    not fair!!
    -tgwaste
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I'm writing this post on my Treo Pro
    Ok, now that you have it, would you settle the debate that's been going on in another thread--is the GPS standalone or not? Thanks.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=171066
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    not fair!!
    And it's gorgeous!!!
    And it's gorgeous!!!
    i hate sweden

-tgwaste
  10.    #50  
    i hate sweden

I love Sweden, he he!
    i hate sweden

I love Sweden, he he!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_people
    Just call me Berd.
    Start a Thread;

"I have a Treo Pro!"
    Just call me Berd.
    Good for you, Marianne!! Maybe you're the first to own a Treo Pro! Props to you.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Ok, now that you have it, would you settle the debate that's been going on in another thread--is the GPS standalone or not? Thanks.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=171066

Hi, I haven't checked it out thoroughly but there are two programs called
    QuickGPS and Webraska Navigation. They both seem to be standalone.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    To test whether it is standalone, do a soft reset, don't turn the phone on, and try to use the GPS.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    To test whether it is standalone, do a soft reset, don't turn the phone on, and try to use the GPS.
    In QuickGPS it says that you have to have and Internet connection (such as GPRS, ActiveSync, etc) to download the latest satellite data.

And Webraska: This application can make use of the following features of your device: - Bluetooth to connect to a Bluetooth-enabled GPS receiver - Making phone calls (cost incumbent upon you) - Making connections to the internet (cost incumbent upon you) - Reading existing information from your contact database.

So I guess they're not standalone, right?
    Call me a pessimist, but I highly doubt that it will truly have "Stand-Alone."
    I find it very difficult to believe they are going to let us have GPS without Service.
    To me, "Stand-Alone" means GPS were there is absolutely no signal or service, which I would think could only be confirmed when phone is OFF.
    Or better yet, take the SIM out.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    In QuickGPS it says that you have to have and Internet connection (such as GPRS, ActiveSync, etc) to download the latest satellite data.

And Webraska: This application can make use of the following features of your device: - Bluetooth to connect to a Bluetooth-enabled GPS receiver - Making phone calls (cost incumbent upon you) - Making connections to the internet (cost incumbent upon you) - Reading existing information from your contact database.

So I guess they're not standalone, right?
    Hmm, I think both of those programs require data to work. Can you turn the gps on without those programs?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Hmm, I think both of those programs require data to work. Can you turn the gps on without those programs?
    Just tried Webraska:

Tried accessing an address I've already looked up. It says "The GSM/GPRS signal is very low. Would yo like to switch to On-board mode?" (the phone is actuall turned off, not week signal). Clicked yes; result blank page. Clicked the back arrow: "Wireless internet connection unavailable, please retry."

So it seems you have to have data turned on.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    That's annoying.

I'm going to try installing Route 66 Mobile v.7 when my Pro arrives next week. Maybe it's just the built-in software that's crippled, rather than the hardware.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast