Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Did they say as to when you will receive your Treo Pro.

I just tried ordering it on the U.S. site, and it only gives the option to be notified when it will be available.

Congrats on your new super duper Treo!!!!!!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Did they say as to when you will receive your Treo Pro.

I just tried ordering it on the U.S. site, and it only gives the option to be notified when it will be available.

Congrats on your new super duper Treo!!!!!!
    if you want to pre-order you have to go through someone else like MCO.
    -tgwaste
    My gut feeling is that AT&T isn't going to carry this phone. TMo probably will though so we MAY have hope for a discounted unit
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    My gut feeling is that AT&T isn't going to carry this phone.
    The consensus of the community's Magic 8-Balls seems to be "Reply hazy... try again later"...

TMo probably will though so we MAY have hope for a discounted unit
    On the one hand, they might see an opportunity if it's clear that AT&T has passed on it. On the other hand, they (T-Mo US) have a unique 3G frequency--meaning it'd require a custom radio. And they haven't carried any phones from Palm since the Treo 600.

Here's a question--has T-Mo picked it up in other countries?

I'd put more stock in AT&T planning to pick it up and just waiting a bit, though the reason for waiting may not be clear.
    T-Mobile isn't going to offer this phone. Like Q said, the last Palm phone T-Mobile offered was the Treo 600.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Yes, but how much money have you spent on your phones when you add up all the monthly plan payments?

Here in the UK, I could get a Treo Pro for 'free', but I will be paying 35 pounds ($60) per month for 18 months. If someone doesn't use all the texts, minutes and data each month, that's money wasted.

For my usage, buying the phone unlocked saves me money.
    I dont complain about my monthly payments, cause I pay $35 a month, and that INCLUDES taxes, and my insurance on the phone. I have a SERO plan, and would never change from Sprint.

I dont talk like crazy, but I do have 500min, unlim night and week. Nights at 7pm, unlimited text, picture mail, vision, and mobile to mobile. So $35 a month with taxes and insurance.... You can see why I dont complain

So with that plan, i'll pay a tad more on phones, but never over $200.

I guess if I was in a situation where I didnt want to be in contract, MAYBE, but even then I dont think i'd drop that much. I have no plans on switching carriers, so I dont care about 2yr contracts.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hmm... A note about the price. If I were to import the Pro from the US, it would be US$550, plus about US$100 for FedEx (apparently. Good grief, but that's exorbitant). US$650, which is about NZ$1000.

Ordering from Expansys.com would be 399 if I were in the UK, but I'm not, so it's actually 340.42. Shipping is 21.95, for a grand total 362.37, or NZ$977.

Now, that's not really a fair comparison, as I'm comparing FedEx shipping prices to DHL shipping prices. Possibly doesn't include insurance? But it does show that the UK folks aren't actually paying that much more than anyone else - it's just that the government is taking a larger share .
    I do a lot of shipping internationally as part of my business...Use USPS, get it insured(!), and use Global Priorty as the shipping method.

I ALWAYS use USPS for international shipments, as it is by far less expensive than the "other guys", like you said.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    But it does show that the UK folks aren't actually paying that much more than anyone else - it's just that the government is taking a larger share .
    Yes, the 399 includes all taxes. I worked out that if I imported a Pro from the US to the UK the cost would end up being about the same.

The Pro is now available to pre-order for as low as 322 (inc. tax) from places other than Palm.
  10.    #30  
    Just received an E-mail from Palm that my Treo Pro has been shipped today with DHL!!!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Just received an E-mail from Palm that my Treo Pro has been shipped today with DHL!!!
    Grats! Now we officially hate you!
    Man!
    How exciting!

I ordered form palm yesterday morning and the order status says "processing". Is that normal?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I ordered form palm yesterday morning and the order status says "processing". Is that normal?
    mine says the same... i wonder if Palm is shipping to Europe first and then the US. i believe Marianne is in Europe...correct?
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    mine says the same... i wonder if Palm is shipping to Europe first and then the US. i believe Marianne is in Europe...correct?

why they bother to ship to Euro first? for tax shield?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    tgwaste I most definitly agree with you. T-mobile here in arizona is so much better than AT&T. plus as I may mention tmobile customer service is so much more helpful than att. oh and I already gave tmobile customer service a call. they have told me as soon as I have the PRO in my hands call them and they will help me set everything up from the MMS settings to all the other great stuff like tzones.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    Yes, I'm in Stockholm in Sweden.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Yes, I'm in Stockholm in Sweden.
    curious to know if you ordered yours this week (week of Sept 8) like the rest of us? also, did you receive an email suggesting delivery would occur sometime during the end of Sept. thanks for responding.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    UPDATE!!

palm.com has updated shipping info when you try and order now:

Buy now for shipping by 09/23/2008
    I ordered a few days ago, o I expect is sooner than that. At least we have a date to refer to
    battling a bout of gadget envy as you guys in the EU and US can now pre-order the TP. As for me the PH (Philippines) palm website still shows the Centro and Treo 750 no mention of the TP at all. HKG and SG sites do have the TP on their site but no way of ordering via HKG, and SG just shows retailers when you click buy. I've ordered from Expansys HKG before and shipping and taxes killed what little I saved from buying locally... So I guess I wait for the parallel importers to get their mitts on the TP or wait for palm PH to catch up [who knows when that'll come about]
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast