Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I love being able to read my emails from my gmail account on my 800W, however when I go to my PC and read my emails, the emails that I have deleted from my PDA are still there in my gmail account, plus the email I have read on my PDA are marked as unread in my PC. I though it would sync with the gmail sever when Im reading and deleting emails via my 800W. Is there a solution to this issue? I do have delete them off the sever when removing emails in my device.

Thanks,

Bill
    Need more info.

Is it setup as IMAP or POP on your device (or are you somehow using the webmail you poor, poor soul)? What about your desktop?

If it's setup as IMAP then the next sync after a delete will remove it from your account and your desktop cannot get it. If it's POP then it doesn't matter what you do on your device unless it's set to remove erased messages.
    Aside from IMAP, in POP config, there's a setting on the 800w, that you can set, to delete emails from the server or leave it there. Once you delete the mail, you also need to do another Send/Receive to the POP server so that it knows what emails are deleted.
    If you would like an email application that works well with GMail, try FlexMail, it does both POP and IMAP.
    If you are using POP then switch to IMAP. Pocket Outlook handles Gmail IMAP just fine except that it does not support IDLE meaning that synchronization takes place at specified intervals instead of instantly. This means that emails that you delete from the phone will not be moved to your Gmail archive until the next time the phone syncs with Google's server.

Flexmail is a good alternative as it does support IDLE but expect a larger battery drain.
    I use email extensively with FlexMail and have 2 IMAP accounts with multiple boxes/folders active. The battery usage is really not much more than what I experienced with Pocket Outlook and the fact that it operates in real time and does not give me the repeated error code concerning connecting reduces the frustration I experienced with it. Frankly, PO is about as good as Palm's Versamail. Both bite.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    When you create a Gmail account on the 800w with Outlook, when it senses Gmail in the setup, it automatically sets it up for POP and you cannot change it to IMAP afterwards.

What I did on mine was add the account with gma.com as the doman (omit the I and L) and set it up as IMAP. Once finished, I went back to edit and added the I and L and now it works fine. My Gmail inbox looks the same from my 800w, via any web browser or Outlook at my home desktop.

Esteban
    Before I switched to WM 800w I was using Sprint POS Treo 650 with Gmail using Chatter e-mail and the way station IMAP server, Fastmail. NOTE: I just deleted my Fastmail service just recently.

+++

this July, the first e-mail program I used for Treo 800w was Seven since (cloud server computing e-mail), after a few quirks and growing pains, I grew to enjoy it. But then it to be too buggy this past week. So I uninstalled it.

Just yesterday, I tried the free e-mail app bundled with the Treo 800w would work for me. Now I'm not so sure. It has a few quirks that I can seem to overcome.

So, looks like it's time to download a free trial of FlexMail. For starters, I like its search capability, at least from the screen shots I saw.

+ Where's the best place to download the free trial of Flex? Any software sales going on?

+ Now that GMail has built-in IMAP, do we still need to use Everyone.net?

+ Can e-mails from Flexmail be stored on the Micro SD Card or can it somehow be similar to cloud computing and store it on the server somewhere?

+ Once I install and keep Flex, how do I delete my Gmail account that I was using with that free e-mail program on my Treo 800w?

+ What's the best way to use GMail via Flexmail on the Treo 800w without having to go through too much hassle?

+Anything else I missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post

+ Where's the best place to download the free trial of Flex? Any software sales going on?

+ Now that GMail has built-in IMAP, do we still need to use Everyone.net?

+ Can e-mails from Flexmail be stored on the Micro SD Card or can it somehow be similar to cloud computing and store it on the server somewhere?

+ Once I install and keep Flex, how do I delete my Gmail account that I was using with that free e-mail program on my Treo 800w?

+ What's the best way to use GMail via Flexmail on the Treo 800w without having to go through too much hassle?

+Anything else I missed?
    1. WebIS site. Or any software store.
    2. For me, I find eveyone.net more reliable than gmail. At least eveyone.net is not in Beta & more usual implementation of IMAP.
    3. Don't know. But if you need the email, don't set your client side email program to delete it from server.
    4. Why delete that gmail account? Just sync Flexmail with your gmail account and it's set. If you mean from pocket outlook, you can delete that account or set pocket outlook to sync manually and don't sync it.
    5. Just set Flexmail to receive item as they arrive via IMAP Idle, then you'll get push mail. Note: IMAP Idle should use less battery than Exchange heartbeat mechanism. But both scheme will keep your data connection alive ALL the time so battery will be drained to keep your connection alive if you are in a bad coverage area. It's the cost of Push Mail.
    I use Everyone.net (excellent), Fastmail (excellent), GMail - not bad. The main ones are Everyone.net (for work), GMail for everything else and Fastmail as a backup. FlexMail has been stable and works well, though like all WM things, big files take a bit of time to process.

Flexmail has a setting to save to the card.

There really is no hassle using FlexMail, the desktop, laptop, whatever. Once properly configured, all are the same. I have FlexMail set to keep the last 3 days on the device. Nothing though tops ChatterEmail - it is simply the best.
    Does this thread just about cover it, instructions wise?
    http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forum...12670&hl=Gmail
    I had no problem setting GMail IMAP up - got the information from my laptop, verified it from the web site, 3 minutes later up and running with it on the 800W using FlexMail.
    Possible to download and install FlexMail with my Treo 800w?
    Your gmail account setting is POP, not IMAP. See here:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=78886

Please exactly follow the steps here and Be aware of #3, "* Windows Mobile 6.1 users: " part.

You'll be good.
    How's battery life with FlexMail?
    Friday was my Monday and I ended the work day at 50%, so it did very well. I was and am impressed by it.

As for usage: FlexMail handles IMAP for Everyone.net, GMail, FastMail and Yahoo! without a hitch. I no longer receive anything of value with Yahoo!, so I will not be enabling it today. The spam with Yahoo! is just the pits.

I have enabled 2-way syning for the trash can, templates and drafts with all accounts and with everyone.net I have 3 additional folders I use for work enabled with 2-way sync.
    ok bclinger...... going to buy flexmail today........any coupoun codes you know off
    Please do the trial first!
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I would like to hear your reviews of FlexMail. I have run it for days against Gmail without problems for the most part. Then I'll have issues like last night, sending mail is painfully slow and my 800w was just crawling with FlexMail running and the IDLE push wasn't working as I was missing a bunch of new email.

I find the slow syncing and sending of email confusing as pocket outlook is quick.

I am using it against Gmail for my domain.
    Last edited by Kash76; 09/13/2008 at 03:50 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast