1.    #1  
    ok, this might not be new, but at least I got it to work finally, just a post for those folks who are still scratching their heads.

I did delete [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
    "Extension" before I got it to work, so at least this is something you should check. I am using Mac, so I don't know how easy it is on PC, but the weird thing is that I couldn't use USB for the IS, missing sync is somehow acting funny when I tapped "connect" in IS, it always disconnects me, when I hit disconnect on my phone, it connects no idea why.

Anyways, I am using BT PAN now, and it's working, you should set up the BT PAN on your phone first before you connect to your laptop. Upon successful connection, you should see the BT icon with a computer activated on your 800w screen. The next step is to join the network already setup on your mac, and ur good to go.

I did a quick test from my house where it seems to be a dead spot (data service is switching between 1xRTT and EvDO back and forth), the downlink speed is about 300kbps, and uplink peaks at 80kbps, I am quite happy with that.

I hope this helps for the mac users out there. Have fun!
    Last edited by ioristone; 09/03/2008 at 02:05 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Just an update, the power drains faster than it charges. My battery has been sitting at 28% for 2 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by ioristone View Post
    Just an update, the power drains faster than it charges. My battery has been sitting at 28% for 2 hours.
    On the battery screen what is your mAh? That charger should do over an amp, I think.
    Also, can you run it without the battery?
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    On the battery screen what is your mAh? That charger should do over an amp, I think.
    Also, can you run it without the battery?
    not sure about that, but the phone eventually died after about an hour, and wouldn't run without the battery (w/ battery in the phone at 0%).

so the charger does not do external power other than charging the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by ioristone View Post
    ok, this might not be new, but at least I got it to work finally, just a post for those folks who are still scratching their heads.

I did delete [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
    "Extension" before I got it to work, so at least this is something you should check. I am using Mac, so I don't know how easy it is on PC, but the weird thing is that I couldn't use USB for the IS, missing sync is somehow acting funny when I tapped "connect" in IS, it always disconnects me, when I hit disconnect on my phone, it connects no idea why.

Anyways, I am using BT PAN now, and it's working, you should set up the BT PAN on your phone first before you connect to your laptop. Upon successful connection, you should see the BT icon with a computer activated on your 800w screen. The next step is to join the network already setup on your mac, and ur good to go.

I did a quick test from my house where it seems to be a dead spot (data service is switching between 1xRTT and EvDO back and forth), the downlink speed is about 300kbps, and uplink peaks at 80kbps, I am quite happy with that.

I hope this helps for the mac users out there. Have fun!
    Hey ioristone,

I tried many times, now my treo 800w works perfectly with PC for IS. But it won't work with my macbook. Could you tell me how you set up the phone and Mac?

My case is: When I paired treo 800w with my Macbook (Leopard), it was not accepted as a modem, but OBEX Object Push. Every time I connected the phone, Mac says, "Internet Connect: Could not open the communication device."

Thanks so much for your help!

Simon
    Pair the 800w again, but turn on Internet Sharing on the 800w first. That's the key trick. You must pair with IS turned on.