1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I'm itching to get my hands on the Treo Pro. Does anyone know when the unlocked version will become available through Palm?

Also, will the device eventually be available through AT&T?

I read that it will be available through Telstra in Australia for AU$899. But only in November! Plus that's USD$774 at the current conversion rate. Pretty hefty.

Thanks all...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    I'm itching to get my hands on the Treo Pro. Does anyone know when the unlocked version will become available through Palm?
    Your guess is as good as anyone else's right now.

Also, will the device eventually be available through AT&T?
    A lot of people think so (given that Palm makes most of its sales here in the US, and not that many enterprises buy unlocked phones in quantity). When... again, anyone's guess.
  3.    #3  
    Yea, it would only make sense. Palm would definitely sell TONS more units if they sold through AT&T. It's probably a bit too soon, though, as the Blackbery Bold is the next big device. AT&T has one crazy phone selection.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Personally I don't see Palm signing with AT&T. If they did, they wouldn't have released it as soon - since AT&T must go thru their Q&A process.
    Are there any examples of smartphones that were release without AT&T subsidy, but after a few months or more were sold with the AT&T subsidy?
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda View Post
    Are there any examples of smartphones that were release without AT&T subsidy, but after a few months or more were sold with the AT&T subsidy?
    Nokia released the E61 and then the E62 for AT&T a few months later...
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Palm launched the Treo 750 in Europe (as the 750v on Vodafone) and then AT&T got it a few months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Palm launched the Treo 750 in Europe (as the 750v on Vodafone) and then AT&T got it a few months later.

That's true, and it's how I got my 750v (my 650 was having power issues). But, with that one, Palm never said that they would be selling the 750 sans subsidy. We knew it would be sold by AT&T once the Voda exclusive launch deal was done.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    That's true, and it's how I got my 750v (my 650 was having power issues). But, with that one, Palm never said that they would be selling the 750 sans subsidy. We knew it would be sold by AT&T once the Voda exclusive launch deal was done.
    I don't think Palm has any exclusive deal with Vodafone because O2 and others carriers are going to sell it.
    Last edited by GFONG; 09/03/2008 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I don't think Palm has any exclusive deal with Vodafone because O2 and others carriers are going to sell it.
    I know, I was just referencing the exclusive deal that Palm had with Voda on the 750.

I guess we don't really know if AT&T will decide to subsidize the Pro down the road or not.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
  11. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I guess we don't really know if AT&T will decide to subsidize the Pro down the road or not.
    Looking back, Palm and AT&T have had some interesting recent history over unlocked phones... with the 680, originally the different colors were only available unlocked, directly from Palm, and then AT&T "cried foul" over it. So Palm pulled them (mine was one of the last ones at a local Palm store) and let AT&T offer it in red... maybe white too, though I didn't see that much. I'm not sure what color options carriers in other countries had.

And the Centro--only available unlocked in the US in white, when 2 out of three US carriers (Sprint & AT&T) offering it also have black? If Palm's trying to offer as many color options as possible, why limit unlocked in black to overseas?

And now they have either passed or are waiting on the Pro--when they're the only national carrier that it's fully compatible with.
    A friend of mine who works for ATT told me last night that they will be picking it up, but not for a couple of months, probably 1Q next year.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
  13.    #13  
    Can you ask your friend as to when the Blackberry Bold will be released? Looks like it will be 10/2, but from everything I've read and heard is that the release is imminent, so 10/2 should be the latest that it will be released!??

Thanks...