1.    #1  
    http://www.palm.com/us/company/tandc.html

Who has bought directly from Palm?
    Have you had to do a 30 day return for refund?
    Have you ever had to send something back for warranty, repair or otherwise?
    How are they to deal with?

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    That's my concern about buying from Palm too.

I'm thinking of buying from a reputable UK distributor like Expansys, so I will have two routes of recourse if something goes wrong.
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Who has bought directly from Palm?
    Have you had to do a 30 day return for refund?
    Have you ever had to send something back for warranty, repair or otherwise?
    How are they to deal with?
    I've done warranty replacements for several devices over the years (PDAs and also a factory-unlocked 650 under warranty); no issues. I've also had an unlocked 680 (which was only available directly from Palm) since 12/2006.

It's been a couple of years since I called, so it's hard to give a recent assessment of service. I've never had to do a 30-day return.
    When I purchased my 800W via the phone from Sprint Telesales, the young lady specifically stated I had 30 days to return for a full refund. I verified that a couple of weeks afterward and was told the same thing.

As for dealing with - be reasonable.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    When I purchased my 800W via the phone from Sprint Telesales, the young lady specifically stated I had 30 days to return for a full refund. I verified that a couple of weeks afterward and was told the same thing.

As for dealing with - be reasonable.
    The original question was whether it's better to buy and unlocked Treo Pro direct from Palm, or possibly somewhere else.
  6.    #6  
    I guess my biggest question would be;
    Is the 30 day return a no question asked.
    I don't want to be stuck with something if for any reason I'm not completely satisfied.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    The European Palm Store policy is 14 days!

What about repairs under warranty?
  8.    #8  
    14 days! I don't think so.

Now that's a good idea - listing return policies for places other than palm.

My whole reason for starting this thread was when we go down to our local phone store, we can just take it back for any reason. And if we have warranty issues, we can take it to that local store again, and they handle it.
    I'm thinking it will be the same for dealing directly with Palm, I'm just not sure if the Pro is the next phone for me, I'd like to have the opportunity to give a try for 30 days, and then be able to return it, no questions asked, like we get with carriers.
  10. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    That's way better than Expansys - their returns policy is now just 10 days.
  11.    #11  
    So now I'm sending my Treo Pro back for Repairs:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=175190&page=2

In another thread I remember VibrantRedGT saying Palm lost his friends Treo Pro that he had sent back for repairs.

When I send it UPS, I'm thinking; because I instantly get a Tracking Number there's no need to purchase Shipping Insurance, correct?
    I will know if UPS or Palm loses it because at each stop the package gets scanned.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    If you don't purchase shipping insurance, they'll only pay out $100 if it's damaged or lost.

Buy the insurance, and round up. Heck, I'd buy $600 worth of insurance. It's not expensive, and UPS is not good at getting packages to their destination intact....
  13.    #13  
    Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

I will be sending it back tomorrow.
    Just call me Berd.
    If you have the option, I'd ship FedEx.

Nearly always a day or two faster than UPS (even going from where you're at to So Cal...hmm, that's I think 3-4 days for UPS and 2-3 days for FedEx), and much more likely to get it there in one piece.

They are a bit more expensive, but not by much...
    I had a problem with my TP that I described here:http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175498
    It was bothering me enough that I contacted the Palm Store regarding a replacement device. They were very friendly and said they would be sending me a new device - not a refurb - and that I could keep "old" TP until the new device arrived and I checked it out. They even overnighted the replacement TP to me and provided a UPS label for return shipment. Overall, I thought they did a great job. This was within my 30 days.
    Berdinkerdickle, you should also read this:

Palm Treo Pro 1 year warranty.

It is from this page, the link to that warranty page is in the the "Guides and more Open" section of that page.

You've got the same warranty with Palm that 800w and other Treo owners have.