Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio just released a new pen stylus for Treo 800W. Shipping began today (9/2).
    what's the difference from the other? Any Pic?
    it is exactly the same except it has that pen that you always seem to never have but you always have your treo
    I read that sentence 4 times & still dont understand it.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    That wasn't the question. The question is how is this new version of the pen stylus different from the original one that Seidio did which caused problems and was "recalled" for a redesign.

I'll also add to the question... does the new version have a screw type cap for the pen?

Esteban
  6.    #6  
    Hi guys. We wanted to thank you all for your patience through this, and wanted to let you know about the improvements made to the new stylus.

1) We made the cap tighter to alleviate the loose cap problem.

2) We changed the material the cap was made of to increase its longevity.

3) We're including an extra cap in the package in case you lose one.

We thank you again for your feedback, and are confident you'll be happy with this new and improved stylus.

Thanks,
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by estebanj View Post
    That wasn't the question. The question is how is this new version of the pen stylus different from the original one that Seidio did which caused problems and was "recalled" for a redesign.

I'll also add to the question... does the new version have a screw type cap for the pen?

Esteban
    Esteban,

We did not start over to create a screw on type, but the improvements made above will alleviate any problems you were having with the old version.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I just placed an order for the 3 pack. How will I know for sure that I am getting the revised version?

--Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    I just placed an order for the 3 pack. How will I know for sure that I am getting the revised version?

--Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio just released a new pen stylus for Treo 800W. Shipping began today (9/2).

I would imagine they're going to send you the old ones.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post

--Robert
    Currently, we are only shipping the new version of pen stylus for Treo 800.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I already ordered a 3 pack of the original pen stylus's. Can I get an exchange?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your responses on the original Stylus thread, recommending to another user to contact you regarding my same scenario. E-mail sent, thank you!
    Last edited by Beknatok; 09/02/2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Are we allowed to mail back our old pens and receive the "revised" pens? Ironically (no lie), just as I'm typing this, I received the following text from my fiancee, "The pen for my phone got stuck…the black part came off and I had to take the battery out to scoot it up."

Thanks.
    I got the email for the replacement stylus but they want the original that broke and I threw it out . Why would I save a broken stylus. At the time I just said screw it , dfidnt think they would be replacing them. Now what ???

seidioseidio what are you going to do about us folks who dont have the broken pen stylus. You already admited they were defective so you should be replacing all of tham anyways.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 09/02/2008 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ticalnza View Post
    Are we allowed to mail back our old pens and receive the "revised" pens? Ironically (no lie), just as I'm typing this, I received the following text from my fiancee, "The pen for my phone got stuck…the black part came off and I had to take the battery out to scoot it up."

Thanks.
    LOL. Just last night the same thing happened to me - the cap came off when I tried to remove the stylus. Since my battery cover requires a pen-knife to pry it open, I used a pair of tweezers to pull the stylus out. The cap isn't broken, it just slips off the pen if the stylus is inserted all the way into the channel, so now I try to not push it all the way in - I stop before the final click. And I keep the tweezers handy!

I've had the stylus almost 4 weeks and it's worked fine until now. But it appears now to be unusable. I am a very heavy user of the stylus, so I pull it out every time I handle my 800w. I can't live with the way it is.

I, too, am very interested if Seidio will offer us the improved version. I'll be happy to return my defective one, although we shouldn't have to. Seidio has effectively admitted they originally issued an inferior product. Hopefully they will do the right thing and offer free replacements.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    So what would be our others choices for a metal stylus? I haven't seem any.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ticalnza View Post

Thanks.
    Ticalnza,

Please email your original contact information and order number to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I got the email for the replacement stylus but they want the original that broke and I threw it out . Why would I save a broken stylus. At the time I just said screw it , dfidnt think they would be replacing them. Now what ???

seidioseidio what are you going to do about us folks who dont have the broken pen stylus. You already admited they were defective so you should be replacing all of tham anyways.
    VaccPalm,

Email me your information (forum@seidio.com)...I'm sure we can figure out a way to get you taken care of.

Thanks,
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjhollin View Post
    LOL. Just last night the same thing happened to me - the cap came off when I tried to remove the stylus. Since my battery cover requires a pen-knife to pry it open, I used a pair of tweezers to pull the stylus out. The cap isn't broken, it just slips off the pen if the stylus is inserted all the way into the channel, so now I try to not push it all the way in - I stop before the final click. And I keep the tweezers handy!

I've had the stylus almost 4 weeks and it's worked fine until now. But it appears now to be unusable. I am a very heavy user of the stylus, so I pull it out every time I handle my 800w. I can't live with the way it is.

I, too, am very interested if Seidio will offer us the improved version. I'll be happy to return my defective one, although we shouldn't have to. Seidio has effectively admitted they originally issued an inferior product. Hopefully they will do the right thing and offer free replacements.
    Pjhollin,

As we stated in another thread, we are absolutely replacing styluses for any of you having problems. Please email your original order information to forum@seidio.com.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Pjhollin,

As we stated in another thread, we are absolutely replacing styluses for any of you having problems. Please email your original order information to forum@seidio.com.

Thanks,
    Thanks. I'll do that shortly. I guess my sense of the the other thread was that the replacement offer was for the non-pen stylus. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I look forward to using the new improved pen version.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    I received mine on 9/6/08, the Pen Stylus came with two extra cap and a return label to ship the defected one and yes the cap is tighter. Thx Seidio.....

Treo 300 + 600 + 650 = 800w
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast