1.    #1  
    Whats the max anybody has been able to use?

I have a 8gb at the moment.
    8Gb is the largest available. There are rumours of 16 & 32 in development , but those won't be available for consumer use for awhile.
    yeah the treo pro says it should be able to take a 32GB card, that thing will prob cost like $250
    i paid 70 for my 8GB
    I bought a 2 gig for $5.00 free shipping on ebay!
    I'm thinking that given the 800w documentation explicitly notes 8GB max, that for the Treo 800w 8GB is going to be the maximum. It's possibly a sw lock and this happened on Blackberries.

Search around and you can find 8GB class 6 MicroSDHC cards for in the $50 range, WITH a card reader added in to boot!
    I suspect it's more likely the documentation explicitly notes 8GB max, because that is the max that exists.

Search around and you can find an 8GB class 4 for $25 and not notice a huge speed difference from the class 6.
    SanDisk is releasing a 16GB card in October for $180 MSRP. Currently the highest available is 8GB.

Like Alli said, look around as places like NewEgg and Amazon can get you an 8GB MicroSDHC for $25-$35. I bought my 8GB about 2 months ago for $33 and it included a USB card reader
  8.    #8  
    oops, thought 16ers were out already.
    Seems if the Treo 800w could support more than 8GB, that they would say it on the documentation, because they did with the Treo Pro. The Treo Pro specs say up to 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Seems if the Treo 800w could support more than 8GB, that they would say it on the documentation, because they did with the Treo Pro. The Treo Pro specs say up to 32GB.
    Since over 8GB hasn't happened yet, perhaps it was a testing issue? The Treo Pro is only a month newer but maybe HTC was able to test up to 32GB where as Palm was not with the 800w?

I guess we'll only really know when someone buys a larger than 8GB card and tries it.
    I believe Palm stated that 8Gb is supported, because at the time of development, 8Gb is the largest available. I'm sure as long as the card remains SDHC, the Treo would support it. This is similar to the when the 700wx came out. Documentation stated it supported 2Gb, since 2Gb SD cards were out. Of course, 4Gb SD cards later came out. It was not supported/documented, but those of us who used the 4Gb SD cards on our 700wx, knows it does work.
    They are missing a potentially good advertising point if the Treo 800w supports over 8GB and they don't update their documentation. They seem comfortable saying the Treo Pro supports up to 32GB, if it's the same for the Treo 800w it only benefits them to update their documents.
    I used a 16GB sdhc card in my old 650 which "supported" only 2gb cards.

When did a manufacture's supported claim ever mean the final word? I'm sure our 800w will support more than it's supported memory figure as all previous treo's have.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    When did a manufacture's supported claim ever mean the final word?
    It has been the honest case with Blackberries, that they don't support more than advertised. It is done via a software lock and they force you to upgrade the entire device OS if you want your device to support more. Notice, they are up to a whopping 16GB . And of course that's only if the device will support that OS.
    (That's right, the BB Bold will probably run BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and only support 16GB. Some Treo killer.)

It's good Treos have a history of supporting more than advertised in the past and I hope that's that case with MicroSDHC.
    I have a Treo 700WX and got a ScanDisk 4GB card but the phone won't recognize it. Can the 700WX handle larger GB cards?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by takhen View Post
    I have a Treo 700WX and got a ScanDisk 4GB card but the phone won't recognize it. Can the 700WX handle larger GB cards?

Thanks
    You might have been better off asking this in the 700wx section.

Anyways, the 700wx will take regular 4GB SD cards, but not SDHC cards. I think you might be able to use SDHC cards with a custom ROM, but i'm not 100% sure.