1.    #1  
    I had to replace my phone (Sprint said something was wrong with the hardware) and I've reloaded all my programs except Seven Beta. My battery life is over twice as good as it was before.

Now I replaced my phone because my reception in my home was horrible and Sprint thought it was a hardware issue...so while I had zero bars in my home...was Seven constantly looking for a signal and draining my battery?

The settings are exactly the same and I ran out of time which is why I originally didn't load Seven...but I'm shocked at the difference. Is there another push email program that won't kill my battery?
    well the 800w as you know has a horrible battery. i believe that any email push will anihaliate the battery.
    i just use outlook with my gmail acct. i have 6 email accts fowarded to gmail and then outlook checks every 2hrs to see if i have new ones
    yup seven used to kill my battery as well.
    i only had it set to push from 9am - 3pm and it would just about kill my battery during that time.

now that i have it off i can go from 9am - 11pm and still have around half the battery left.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Assuming the beta version, Seven is known to be a bit tough on the battery even in areas with good coverage. Theory has it the beta version behaves a bit differently from the commercial version by not using SMS messages to trigger the push. In a poor coverage area I can imagine Seven quickly consuming a battery. There's suppose to be an update coming soon that supposedly addresses battery life and WM6 compatibility. With that said, if you live in a zero bar area I would assume your battery life would be miserable with or without Seven installed.

BTW - I live in a good coverage area and my battery last most days the entire day while running Seven.
    Last edited by aixguru; 09/02/2008 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    well the 800w as you know has a horrible battery. i believe that any email push will annihilate the battery.
    i just use outlook with my gmail acct. i have 6 email accts forwarded to gmail and then outlook checks every 2hrs to see if i have new ones
    Depending on the individual, push mail may/may not kill your battery. If you receive lots of email, more than an hourly basis, then yes, it would kill your battery. That is because your device will download the emails each time it is received. Almost leaving the data connection constantly connected. This is where polling emails on a normal schedule would make sense. As for others, like myself, I don't receive allot of emails, therefore, a push client (I use PushEffect) would work best. Therefore, my device only makes a data connection when I have emails. If I polled for my emails on a set schedule, then I would be making unnecessary data connections.
    ^^^^gotcha good description i always thought that it was only a timed schedule thing but i see now it is the battery life of you constantly surfing the web.
    thanks for the lesson :-)