1.    #1  
    getting this phone, att annoyed me and me and im am hoping sprint won't. just wanted to say hello. hope it was worth it. had a curve 8310 and loved it. hope this fulfills my dreams. lol
    Armdavid2, I have both a Treo 800w and a BB 8310. I prefer the 800w, but you should know up front that you'll need to keep the 800w on a charger way more than your 8310. Make sure you have a car charger and if you spend time in airports and places on the go, you'll want to consider the Sprint Power Pack too.

Hopefully you have a Sprint plan with all the features available to you freely. Because that's what really will make it all most enjoyable.
    I doubt the 800 fullfills your dreams like you say. Like Darnell mentioned get a car charger right away. I did the opposite and left the 800 for a Curve. So I can agree with you, love the it. Just works out of the box, no hacks and maintenance. Good Luck with the 800.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    battery is a big part of the 800w but the phone all in all is a great device and sprints internet is by far the best and fastest.
    welcome to the sprint experiment.
    I am now at a point of about 6 hours or decent use with the device and no charging. Not bad for using HanDBase, FlexMail, messaging, Excel and a few calls.
    1. Don't have to remove the back cover AND the battery just to insert a MicroSD card.
    2. Can support 8GB MicroSD out of the box without a need to upgrade the OS to support it.
    3. Built in WiFi
    4. Touch screen
    5. More buttons
    6. Camera also does video out the box
    7. MicroUSB
    8. Ringer to vibrate switch
    9. Infrared
    10. Better screen
    11. More on board memory space
    12. Faster processor
    13. (Last, but certainly not least.) Windows Mobile 6.1. This one item alone blows everything RIM makes out the water. Windows Mobile has way more available applications and does not require Blackberry Enterprise Server to link to an Exchange server.

Also, since armdavid2 used to be with AT&T. I'll note that Sprint's services are just flat out cheaper.
    Darnell, you do not need to anger that special person with your liking of WM over BB. I mentioned in an earlier post about several co-workers with company provided BBs and each of them have issues both common and specific to their use. Nothing is perfect.
  8.    #8  
    yes, i read quite a bit about it, haven't even received the phone and bought a car charger! the email on this, one question is it push like blackberry's, on my 8310 i get my hotmail account in full html almost the second after it gets sent. thanks guys
  9.    #9  
    also the biggest thing im gonna miss is the 3.5 jack, probably gonna just get bluetooth headphones. gonna like the wifi. i already had the video camera, and youtube support, but that was almost six months after i got the curve and but a
    beta os on it.
    For armdavid2, or anyone else interested in seeing the 800w vs BB 8310 (I think that's what this is, hell if I know, lol)

My impression? Without discussing the OS, I found the build quality on the Treo much better. The BB feels like a toy compared to the Treo, imo. That doesn't mean it's a worse device, I just like the feel of the 800w more.

Then again, that "toyish" feel makes the BB feel much lighter.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by armdavid2 View Post
    yes, i read quite a bit about it, haven't even received the phone and bought a car charger! the email on this, one question is it push like blackberry's, on my 8310 i get my hotmail account in full html almost the second after it gets sent. thanks guys
    You should check out these threads:
    Exchange "Push Mail" vs Microsoft Live "Push Mail" ?

Push AOL Email

You'd probably want to look at Microsoft Live Push Mail, but that continual data connection eats much battery. You can set the mail client on the Treo 800w to check for mail at set intervals, which would be less resource intensive. Personally, I just check manually. Sending mail for you might be a bit of a pain. You probably should search around here for advice in old posts.

And yea you probably want to cut the wires and get a good set of Bluetooth headphones.
    just purchased my treo 800w, and my reason for doing so was because I live in Louisiana, and the hurricanes that come through hit without discrimination. During Katrina, we as residents only had text messaging with sprint for almost 2 months, during Gustov, The night of the storm I lost my sms messaging for my area, and only have e-mail when it drifts in and out, i've contacted sprint, lol and again they are working on the problem. my last phone didnt have text messaging on it or on the plan. seems between the bugs i've found sprint has got to get it together too. lol
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    You should check out these threads:
    Exchange "Push Mail" vs Microsoft Live "Push Mail" ?

Push AOL Email

You'd probably want to look at Microsoft Live Push Mail, but that continual data connection eats much battery. You can set the mail client on the Treo 800w to check for mail at set intervals, which would be less resource intensive. Personally, I just check manually. Sending mail for you might be a bit of a pain. You probably should search around here for advice in old posts.

And yea you probably want to cut the wires and get a good set of Bluetooth headphones.
    for the head phones thats definitelly gonna happen. set intervals, gonna have to check that out, what did you mean by sending mail may be a pain? just because it was a piece of cake on a bb or just how wm works? i know i can go to the mobile hotmail website, but would rather have it pushed. oh do you know if you can set up imap accounts? i have one work account that isn't on an enterprise server or anything, it's just online
    You need a POP account that will permit you to send through it. Many ISPs won't allow it, but if you have an account you know will allow it you'll be OK. I think the default settings will push the message out right away via "send/receive", so if you've got an account you can work with you'll probably be OK.

Sometimes people try to send mail via their ISP and the ISP won't allow "send" connections from an outside source and they are disappointed.
  15.    #15  
    oh, its not an isp. its a .mil account, and only imap. no isp accounts, don't want
    those
    The mail client also supports IMAP4, so you should be able to get it going.
  17.    #17  
    K. Thanks guys and gals. Looking forward to messing with it. Should be here by today
    I had a 700wx and switched to a BB 8330... I'm thinking about switching to a 800w.

I do prefer WM over BB, but I couldn't take the unstable OS, huge size, poor call quality, and reception... So I jumped shipped to a BB 8330.

The plus side to my BB is: size, recieving e-mails much quicker, stable OS, better singal, and call quality (which is what I really need in a phone).

Even though it doesn't take much to get to my calendar screen, e-mails, or selected programs (just a few clicks), it seems like a hassle compared my 700wx.. I would like a phone with a BB Curve body with a WM OS and a touch screen.
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStatus View Post
    I do prefer WM over BB, but I couldn't take the unstable OS, huge size, poor call quality, and reception... So I jumped shipped to a BB 8330.
    I doubt you'll experience many of those issues with the Treo 800w. The OS is stable, the size is just a little bigger than the BB curves although all these devices are small to me , call quality has been good for me personally and reception has also been good.