Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am at a total lost about syncing my 800.

Moving from a 650 to the 800.

I have activesync on my desktop and I had to install the trial version of Outlook 2007.
    But the (2) never seem to meet. All I want to sync is my calendar,contacts and onenote.

When I purchased my phone the Sprint folks migrated my contact list to my 800 but now I can't seem to get the contact list to Outlook '07 on my laptop.

I am a relative newbie when it comes to syncing, so if you can determine what I did/need to do, could you step by step for me.

Appreciate any help you can give me. I really need to clean up my contacts list and don't want to enter/edit on the stuff from my phone.

Thanks in advance.
    Try uninstalling ActiveSync from your PC and reinstalling, to see if then it might properly associate your Treo with Outlook. Or did you already install ActiveSync after installing Outlook 2007?
  3.    #3  
    Ok have reinstalled activesync. I have it open on desktop. I have tried to activesync from my phone and it is trying to connect but nothing. The activesync on the desktop, I tried to open but no go.
    Make sure you perform a backup of the contacts and appointments with Sprite Backup (ROM app), in case the phone's db gets erased.
    Setup an e-mail account in Outlook if you have not already. You might have to try reinstalling ActiveSync again after that.
    And yea, what crazie.eddie said .
  7.    #7  
    Outlook is already set-up and receiving emails. It is my gmail account.

But how do I move the contacts from my 800 to outlook.
    I'm at a loss at this point. Sometimes rebooting my PC has helped if I've had issues with ActiveSync, but I really don't know what your problem might be or honestly how to fix it.
    I was just having some trouble with ActiveSync after restoring a backup and the following helped me. Perhaps this might help you also.

On your device, open Activesync and click Menu - Options. Tap and hold your Windows PC and select Delete from the menu the appears. If there is more than one Windows PC entry, delete them all.

On your PC, open Activesync and click File - Delete Mobile Device.

Hope that helps.
    heh, I avoid activesync altogether and sync contacts, calendar with my gmail over the air using goosync and am very happy.
    Maybe someone can answer this: I make most of my changes to tasks, contacts, etc...on my treo, but when I activesync, they often get overridden by what's on my desktop outlook. Help?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I was just having some trouble with ActiveSync after restoring a backup and the following helped me. Perhaps this might help you also.

On your device, open Activesync and click Menu - Options. Tap and hold your Windows PC and select Delete from the menu the appears. If there is more than one Windows PC entry, delete them all.

On your PC, open Activesync and click File - Delete Mobile Device.

Hope that helps.
    Thank you so much for posting this.. after about 2 days of messing with trying to get it to sync your instructions worked without an issue.

I'm going from a treo 650 to a 800W.
    Installed activesync then realized i needed outlook.
    Installed outlook.
    hotsync'd the 650 to outlook.. took awhile to get it right.
    then the troubles with activesync for the 800w. i followed most of palms troubleshooting steps, but thought that reinstalling outlook was ridiculous.

I just wanted to thank you for posting that and hopefully it'll work for other people too.
    You're most welcome keith455. I came from the T650 too. And while not having to press the "Hot Sync button" is neat in Windows Activesync, it has its own set of quirks.

One additional neat thing about ActiveSync, if you didn't already know, is that your Treo 800w will use your PC's Internet connection.
    I am sorta in the same boat. A.S. does recognize my device but will not sync anything Outlook related. So now I sync OTA with Microsoft Exchange. It sucks that I cannot use my laptop but don't have a say in the matter. Oh and I've deleted Sync stuff off my laptop and performed a hard reser on my device and still a no go. So you are not alone.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I'm not sure if it is a hardware problem or what. Some days the 800w just won't talk to the PC. This morning on the other hand, it hooked up without a hitch.
    I've been having fits for two days either getting or maintaining my connection. I finally looked at Norton and since I changed some settings there, haven't had another problem with my connection.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Is HotSync still installed on your PC?
    Just performed another hard reset and syncing with Outlook still doesn't work. All the other ActiveSync functions work fine. I guess I will just use OTA sync with Exchange until Microsoft or whoever is at fault can fix this.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Just performed another hard reset and syncing with Outlook still doesn't work. All the other ActiveSync functions work fine. I guess I will just use OTA sync with Exchange until Microsoft or whoever is at fault can fix this.
    Do you still have HotSync installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If you are using Vista, active sync will not work properly. You need to use the Windows Mobile Device Center that is built into Vista for syncing.

If you are using XP and it wont sync then just delete the mobile device relationship on the desktop and also delete it on on the treo. When you connect the wizard will start and will set up a new active sync connection and will start to sync.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast