1.    #1  
    I have been getting harrased for months now by a blocked call... It is constant, all day and all night... never any noise on the other side.

Sprint's solution is to change my number... but I dont' think that is a very good solution, I have to change my number because they can't do something about it or see a number that calls me 25 times a day. I know other phone companies have services to block Private or blocked numbers from coming in... I have head it before, you get a mesage saying that this number does not accept blocked calls.

They also said that my Treo 800w does not have the abilty to block a call from a Blocked Number. Does any one know of any 3rd party software that will let me automatically ignore them?
    Take a look at Call Firewall. I've installed it, so I know it installs to the Treo 800w, but I've never actually had any need to use it. So I can't tell you at all how well it works.

It has an option to block all unknown calls, but I don't know what it does with those calls. If blocking a specific number, it must be formatted exactly how the Treo's caller ID displays the number, parenthesis and all. Also, the program has a few documented bugs you can read about on that page.

But hey, it's free .
    There is a recent thread on call filtering here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170304
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Take a look at Call Firewall. I've installed it, so I know it installs to the Treo 800w, but I've never actually had any need to use it. So I can't tell you at all how well it works.
    snipped
    But hey, it's free .
    I was going to try it but after reading #2 in the "Known Issues" I decided against it.

"2. Ongoing call -> Blocked Caller Calls -> Existing Call is Hung Up."
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Magicall
    I think over at Sprintusers.com they have a thread regarding how to find what the block number is. You might want to go that route also.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    I have been getting harrased for months now by a blocked call... It is constant, all day and all night... never any noise on the other side.

Sprint's solution is to change my number... but I dont' think that is a very good solution, I have to change my number because they can't do something about it or see a number that calls me 25 times a day. I know other phone companies have services to block Private or blocked numbers from coming in... I have head it before, you get a mesage saying that this number does not accept blocked calls.

They also said that my Treo 800w does not have the abilty to block a call from a Blocked Number. Does any one know of any 3rd party software that will let me automatically ignore them?
    Call Block 1.17 works great... www.wishsolutions.com

Treo 300 + 600 + 650 = 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote View Post
    I was going to try it but after reading #2 in the "Known Issues" I decided against it.

"2. Ongoing call -> Blocked Caller Calls -> Existing Call is Hung Up."
    Yea, like I said, I have it installed, but never needed to use it. I figure I just have it around in case the day comes where I need something of this sort. Then I can turn it on, to get some temporary relief and start looking for a fee based program that might work better. But no need getting anything fee based while I don't need to consider it .