Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I need some feedback guys.

I need a solution for using quality 3.5 headphones under a motorcycle helmet with my 800w. Looks like the mini usb to 3.5 adaptor ain't gonna happen, so I'm looking at the Jabra BT3030 (which has a 3.5 input) with er6i phones. I need the er6i's to really reduce wind noise and to fit under my helmet.

Am I going to take a big quality hit going to BT for listening to mp3's?

I'm also hoping someone will give a hack write up on modding the included 800w mini usb headset with the 3.5 jack. Have more than one person done this and is it a real solution? Pics of the finished mod are great, but step by step instructions would REALLY help.

Mark B.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbabc View Post
    I need some feedback guys.

I need a solution for using quality 3.5 headphones under a motorcycle helmet with my 800w. Looks like the mini usb to 3.5 adaptor ain't gonna happen, so I'm looking at the Jabra BT3030 (which has a 3.5 input) with er6i phones. I need the er6i's to really reduce wind noise and to fit under my helmet.

Am I going to take a big quality hit going to BT for listening to mp3's?

I'm also hoping someone will give a hack write up on modding the included 800w mini usb headset with the 3.5 jack. Have more than one person done this and is it a real solution? Pics of the finished mod are great, but step by step instructions would REALLY help.

Mark B.
    Mark, I did it... It works fairly well, as long as you are comfortable with the volume using the stock Palm headsets (the 800w generally has low volume). If you are running the output into some sort of amp (e.g. a car adapter) it work really well. The regular headsets were just low (for me) from the start so no improving on that.

The Palm microphone tho SUX bad lots of pick up, so for example I use it in my car and people get echo cause the mic picks the up -- the mic is pretty unusable for my purposes. I did post a brief how to if you are willing to sacrifice the Palm crapsets on post 16 here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1491716
    I use the BT3030's, though not really riding a motorcycle. I think they sound great listening to MP3's. Just keep in mind, since the mic is in the base part, you probably want to keep that close or inside your helmet, and not hanging on the chain.