Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Well my Treo earpiece sounds like junk to be honest. I want to like the phone and keep it but I'm thinking of doing a replacement before my 30days is up. At full volume the sound is a bit distorted and muffled, if I lower it a bit it gets better, but not by much. Has anyone had one and replaced it to have the earpiece work flawlessly? I have also noticed the earpiece rattles a bit like a faint vibration which causes it to tickle my ear.
    I'd get it replaced. I haven't noticed any vibration. My first phone earpiece sound quality was ok, but too low volume. My 2nd phone earpiece quality is better and louder.
    I have an old Motorola H500, the sound is fine and the connection is stable (does not shut down throughout the 10 hour day). An earpiece issue.
    There is no fix for this. Try getting a replacement. It is really the only thing you can do at this point. Both my 800's had this problem.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Most/all 800w's have the same problem. It's a hardware design flaw. Every single one that I've used has sounded terrible.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    How many Treo's should I try before giving up? I plan to keep trying different ones till I find one with a good earpiece. Also, should I not find a good one what else would you all recommend as personnel preference. This is something I cannot live with or bear with having a crippled earpiece as it would drive me insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby45512 View Post
    How many Treo's should I try before giving up? I plan to keep trying different ones till I find one with a good earpiece. Also, should I not find a good one what else would you all recommend as personnel preference. This is something I cannot live with or bear with having a crippled earpiece as it would drive me insane.
    Keep burning through them until Sprint figures out that Palm made a huge mistake with the 800w. If you want a super-clear earpiece with great sidetone, check out any HTC phone. The Touch, Mogul, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro and Treo Pro were all designed by HTC using good components.
    You can edit the registry to make the earpiece a little louder. Its not perfect, but it makes the device def usable.
    i have had 2 of the phones Nsxprime mentions and they have their own issues. None of them is perfect.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Well I went into the sprint store today and wasted 4 hours of my life there, but the tech wanted me to pay 99 dollars to open it up and look at it since I didn't have insurance on the phone. I wasn't about to pay that much and then they suggested I get insurance on it within my 30 days and then let the tech look at it, but it would take 14days for my insurance to go into effect. I couldn't do an exchange since i had exchanged from a katana eclipse to the 800w (you can read my synopsis on the katana at phonescoop under user reviews). I ended up just returning the phone and canceling my service with the limited options at hand. I'm just going to get a treo 750 from At&T and wait for something that really catches my eye in the future (treo pro or bold maybe?).
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby45512 View Post
    Well I went into the sprint store today and wasted 4 hours of my life there, but the tech wanted me to pay 99 dollars to open it up and look at it since I didn't have insurance on the phone. I wasn't about to pay that much and then they suggested I get insurance on it within my 30 days and then let the tech look at it, but it would take 14days for my insurance to go into effect. I couldn't do an exchange since i had exchanged from a katana eclipse to the 800w (you can read my synopsis on the katana at phonescoop under user reviews). I ended up just returning the phone and canceling my service with the limited options at hand. I'm just going to get a treo 750 from At&T and wait for something that really catches my eye in the future (treo pro or bold maybe?).
    Good decision.
    You should always have TEP on any PDA. Can't tell you how many times PDA's act up, get dropped, break, etc. Do yourself a favor and add it. In the long run it pays big time.