1.    #1  
    I don't know if i'm the only one experiencing this but on a full charge my battery does not go to a 100%. As a matter of fact, the highest that it goes up to is 96%. I don't understand how this could be especially since i left it charging overnight. This is crazy. Is anyone else experiencing this? Have a solution. I've already done all the battery tips to conserve battery power.
    have you applied the latest update to address some usb connection and charging issues on the palm support website?
  3.    #3  
    Yes i did, even that didn't improve it. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Mine goes to 100%, but if you keep it charging...it will start losing charge. Yes, it will start counting backwards up to a point. Usually an overnight charge gets me about the same - in the 90s.

*btw, the USB/Charger update from Palm doesn't resolve this.
    At "full" charge, I fluctuate between 95% and 100%, even while on the charger with no use. I was told by a Sprint repair place that this was "normal"....I can definitely get to 100% with the car charger, but rarely max out on the wall charger. I have installed the new update, but haven't tried a full usb charge since then (but it did light up right away instead of taking several minutes).
  6.    #6  
    This is crazy and shouldn't be normal. This has to be related to the battery issues that we have been having. If while charging the phone is actually discharging or not giving a full charge how good can the battery life possibly be. To make things worse the green light indicator actually comes on as if the phone is at a 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    This is crazy and shouldn't be normal.
    Completely agree.

With the Treo 650, talking and charging on the phone the battery would stay at 100% until I disconnect which was very good. I think the 800w stops the charger from charging the battery once it reports it's completely charged (100%) - which may be by design for preventing overcharging/overheating.
  8.    #8  
    [QUOTE=opacityzero;1491445]Completely agree.

With the Treo 650, talking and charging on the phone the battery would stay at 100% until I disconnect which was very good. .I think the 800w stops the charger from charging the battery once it reports it's completely charged (100%) - which may be by design for preventing overcharging/overheating[/QUOTE]

I remember those days. If only the 800 did that. It won't even get to a 100% on the charger overnight. This is ridiculous.
    default could be for 800w circuit to request step down to a trickle after hitting a certain voltage. that voltage spec may not be exactly the same voltage or mah used that drives the icon. also if you step down to a trickle you may be pulling more maH out then in even when connected to charger and the unit may wait to a certain threshold (below 99%) before requesting the one amp. I think a lot of this probably occurred other devices we've had, we just now know the specific percentage and some of us may be focused on getting all the way up to 100 for well known reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    This is crazy and shouldn't be normal. This has to be related to the battery issues that we have been having. If while charging the phone is actually discharging or not giving a full charge how good can the battery life possibly be. To make things worse the green light indicator actually comes on as if the phone is at a 100%.
    Right in the user's manual it states that the green light comes on at 90%. Mine keeps charging even after the green light comes on.
    Yeah, I thought I was the only one with this. It seems to go to 100% very rarely. It tops off around 97% or so. Its not a big deal, because the phone still lasts me all day and more but I find it funny. That little nub on the left of the battery icon is never filled in with white. But, I def have seen it at 100% before.

It doesn kind of annoy you because you want that darn thing to go to 100%!