Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I was on the Palm web page and seen an update for the 800w and loaded it up and it seems to be making a noticeable difference. After about 8 - 10hours my battery is still at 85%. Also just got in my cable for charging my phone with the sprint usb charger so now to test how long i can last with GPS up and running. Will let everyone know how long it last.
  2. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #2  
    What update is this?
  3.    #3  
    Treo 800w USB and Battery Charging Update - It is on the Palm web page under support downloads.
  4. #5  
    Lol @ the placebo affect:

    "Designed to address two issues: USB recognition and charging completely drained batteries."
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/...downloads.html

    It has nothing to do with increasing battery life!
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
  5. #6  
    This update has nothing to do with battery life. WE all uodated it and i can tell you it has zero affect. Its not a battery life update, its a USB update.
  6.    #7  
    Well Sprint also has sent me a few updates but all i know is my battery is lasting longer and that is good for me.
  7. aixguru's Avatar
    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    Well Sprint also has sent me a few updates but all i know is my battery is lasting longer and that is good for me.
    Care to share a little more detail on the Sprint updates?
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    Well Sprint also has sent me a few updates but all i know is my battery is lasting longer and that is good for me.
    .... there are no updates beyond the BT and Charging updates from Palm...

    Did Sprint re-provision you're phone and you're considering that an update?
  9.    #10  
    Called sprint 1 day spoke with CS and he said there was an update. I called
    *2 and when the Automated SB answered i got a response your phone shows it needs an update to hold on while it updates. So don't have any clue what the they called them selves updating but my phone has worked much better. Like today it still has 50% battery and it has been on without a charge since yesterday at 8PM. My phone is working gr8.
  10. #11  
    Thats call re-provisiong and again thats for tower updates , has zero to do with battery life. I have them reprovision my phones all the time ( well the centro it never worked) .

    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    Called sprint 1 day spoke with CS and he said there was an update. I called
    *2 and when the Automated SB answered i got a response your phone shows it needs an update to hold on while it updates. So don't have any clue what the they called them selves updating but my phone has worked much better. Like today it still has 50% battery and it has been on without a charge since yesterday at 8PM. My phone is working gr8.
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    This update has nothing to do with battery life. WE all uodated it and i can tell you it has zero affect. Its not a battery life update, its a USB update.
    perhaps it doesn't effect the full charge, but there are many conditions where a charging device, internal or external, will NOT attempt to charge a null voltage battery (completely drained). Attempting to charge a null voltage battery can cause other problems. Especially under USB.

    No null voltage charging was likely implemented, but for other reasons inherent to the device they could have been finding a number of users ending with null voltage. (eg dattery drained through use and then not immediately recharged, could still draw significant power despite a sleeping or dormant 800w to the point of total drain).
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    Called sprint 1 day spoke with CS and he said there was an update. I called
    *2 and when the Automated SB answered i got a response your phone shows it needs an update to hold on while it updates. So don't have any clue what the they called them selves updating but my phone has worked much better. Like today it still has 50% battery and it has been on without a charge since yesterday at 8PM. My phone is working gr8.
    If you spend time in an area with low signal due to old prl generally, or changes in towers to your area, you certainly could get significant battery improvement with a new prl

Posting Permissions