1.    #1  
    Well I exchanged my phone today because I couldn't get incoming calls. When I restored the backup from the old phone, it set up pretty much everything including registry changes, programs, data, etc.

There were a couple glitches including a problem with the pop e-mail account I had set up. It pulls down the e-mail but then I couldn't open the mail or get to the account settings. I tried to set up another one for the same e-mail account but it said It couldn't because the same name was already being used. I named it something else and it let me set it up but now on the Today screen I have two listings for e-mail. If I pick the old one, it goes to the account selecter where only the new one is listed.

Any way to remove this extra e-mail account?
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Try holding the stylus on top of the entry and see what happens.
    I have the same problem . I created my emails then deleted them but when I try to recreate it told me there was already an email created for every name . so I had them something like Gmail2 (Instead of Gmail) so they would work. Seems once you delete an email you can tuse the name again without a hard reset.
    I think you have to do a hard reset and install all apps manually... seems odd but the same thing happened to me and I discovered it only happens if when creating a Sprite backup you check to save your email settings... in the future if you uncheck the email box then just re-enter your email settings after hard reset/restore, you wont have this problem.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 800w4me View Post
    I think you have to do a hard reset and install all apps manually... seems odd but the same thing happened to me and I discovered it only happens if when creating a Sprite backup you check to save your email settings... in the future if you uncheck the email box then just re-enter your email settings after hard reset/restore, you wont have this problem.
    Ok, I got it fixed. I did a backup without e-mail and then a hard reset and then a restore. No more phantom e-mail account. I don't need to backup e-mails. I only use e-mail on the phone once in a while anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Last edited by NicksGarage; 08/31/2008 at 10:27 PM.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Not sure but in my experience unchecking that box when creating a backup solves your problem (if you ever have to hard reset/restore again). Sorry not sure why but it worked for me..