1.    #1  
    Over the course of the last few days I've been constantly getting an "Error: Unable to save the file" message whenever I try and save a picture while browsing in IE. For the life of me, I can not figure out what's causing the errors. It should be noted that my phone is hack free; no modifying to the registry, whatsoever. The problem seemed to just arise out of the blue.

I've cleared all temporary files, cookies, cache, you name it and still continue to get the same error. I've also tried a number of soft resets which, of course, do alittle less than absolutely nothing. Hard resets seem to be the only remedy, however, the problem eventually resurfaces. *shrugs shoulders*

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
    I am having the same problem. Does anyone know what is doing this or how to fix?
    Same problem here, and no clue either.
    I just posted this at Palm to see if we get a response from them.

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...hread.id=32404
    I found this post on Microsoft: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsM...3387&SiteID=65

It says to run the program \Windows\welcome.exe
    This is the same thing that boots when you first buy the phone and makes you do the initial screen alignment. Supposedly it helps in some magical way...
    I experienced a similar problem on my Treo 700w -- although I didn't know about the advice mentioned immediately above until coming back here, I did go the the Palm Support site for my device and downloaded the "Device Reset Application" available there.

It was something of a logistical pain-in-the-***, but it solved the problem. However, since this solution basically wipes your PDA clean, you will need to go through all the basic set up activities again, which can be a bit time consuming and something of a chore.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    I found this post on Microsoft: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsM...3387&SiteID=65

It says to run the program \Windows\welcome.exe
    This is the same thing that boots when you first buy the phone and makes you do the initial screen alignment. Supposedly it helps in some magical way...

Not sure what it did but it worked so far. I will keep you updated and thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by arpey View Post
    I experienced a similar problem on my Treo 700w -- although I didn't know about the advice mentioned immediately above until coming back here, I did go the the Palm Support site for my device and downloaded the "Device Reset Application" available there.

It was something of a logistical pain-in-the-***, but it solved the problem. However, since this solution basically wipes your PDA clean, you will need to go through all the basic set up activities again, which can be a bit time consuming and something of a chore.
    The Device Reset application for the 700wx is intended to help you to do a hard reset essentially which is when all data is wiped and the device is returned to factory defaults.
    I am having the same issue again. Except now I can't save even after I delete files and run the welcome.exe. I looked in the registry but havn't found anything.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Are you storing your temporary internet files on your memory card?