1.    #1  
    I might be an ***** but how do I send a photo from the treo 800w to a phone number? It automatically defaults to sending it via my msn email account. help!

what is sMMMs? I am totally new to Treo life
    Last edited by pmhegre; 08/29/2008 at 10:39 AM.
    Searching for the answer would probably have been less of a hassle then registering for the forum!

The 800w can't do it out of the box. You want sMMS...
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
    Yup either use E-Mail or buy sMMS to do it. Very lame, especially since it's 2008
    When using email to send to a phone that doesn't support email you can send pics and videos to a special email address that will forward via MMS to the phone. See this post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=19
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    There is a cool program out there that i can send pictures through sprintpictures somehow. Like a glove.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Other phones can sent picture thru SMS. But not any PDA phone. Why did Sprint clam down on it?
    They took it out of all their WinMob devices for some reason. I read somewhere they plan to correct this sometime in the Fall since they've gotten so much grief over it...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Other phones can sent picture thru SMS. But not any PDA phone. Why did Sprint clam down on it?
    You mean MMS. SMS can only contain a limited amount of text.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    They took it out of all their WinMob devices for some reason. I read somewhere they plan to correct this sometime in the Fall since they've gotten so much grief over it...
    Over a year ago, one of their higher ups said they were working on a solution. It's been so long I have my doubts at this point
    The new HTC Touch Diamond coming out soon (September 2nd?)has a section in its manual about picturemail, so I think Sprint is finally getting picturemail on Windows Mobile devices.. Now the question is whether they're going to release it for us, or whether we're gonna have to yank it from the Diamond's ROM.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    The back of the Touch Diamond is not flat. How to lay it down?

I am glad I sold my 1 yr old Mogul for $235. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    The back of the Touch Diamond is not flat. How to lay it down?
    You can still lay it down but it'll wobble

Actually, isn't the CDMA version flat?
    The CDMA version is going to have a smooth, rounded back.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/17/h...itzed-unboxed/