1.    #1  
    Anyone know if the battery cover, and the battery as well, need to be removed to switch SIM cards? I do a lot of SIM switching in my travels and having to remove the battery each time would be a pain.
  2.    #2  
    ...I just saw the picture in this post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169781
    I know its a pain in the **** to have that SIM underneath the battery, but I don't think Palm will go back to the Treo 650 approach of having quick access to the SIM (I would love that altough).
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I know its a pain in the **** to have that SIM underneath the battery, but I don't think Palm will go back to the Treo 650 approach of having quick access to the SIM (I would love that altough).
    On my Treo 600 the SIM card kept losing contact, and so was a real pain!

Realistically, how often are you going to change the SIM card? Get a dual SIM phone if it's important.
    pretty much I hardly travel out of the States, I only visit my brothe (twice-a-year) in San Francisco & AT&T has coverage nation-wide so I only need 1 SIM. Now If I would travel twice-a-month then I would do get a dual-SIM card for sure.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Realistically, how often are you going to change the SIM card?
    Since you asked...

In the next two months I will be visiting 4 countries (South Korea, Mauritius, Brazil and Angola). I own 6 international prepaid SIMs - one reason is because I do not want to pay $4.99/min. phone calls from Angola via AT&T. These SIMs do not work in every country, nor do they work all the time. A lot of time is spent switching SIMs to see which one works best in which country. So now you know.

Get a dual SIM phone if it's important.
    Great suggestion! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Realistically, how often are you going to change the SIM card? Get a dual SIM phone if it's important.
    If it's important, get a phone where you can change the SIM without removing the battery every time.

Slightly used Treo 650, anyone?
    ;-)
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I do sympathise: This time last year I was in Oman, and spent a lot of time swapping 3 SIMs (2 UK ones and a local Omani one) between my two phones: a Nokia E61 and a Treo 500v - both of which required removing the battery.