1.    #1  
    I cracked the LCD on my 700wx last week. I had a 700w that the screen worked but was having other issues. I swapped out the screens and the keypad lit up but not the screen and it would not even get an incoming phone call. I put the cracked screen back in and the backlight (I can see some light on the LCD) came on and the phone part worked (I could make and receive calls). I figured maybe it was just that w's and wx's were not the same. I ordered another screen, it came and I installed it. The same thing happened, it would not do anything but light up the keyboard. I did notice that all three have different part numbers. Can anyone please help as I was stupid and bought both of these phones on greedbay.
    Last edited by lilblackvette; 08/28/2008 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilblackvette View Post
    I cracked the LCD on my 700wx last week. I had a 700w that the screen worked but was having other issues. I swapped out the screens and the keypad lit up but not the screen and it would not even get an incoming phone call. I put the cracked screen back in and the backlight (I can see some light on the LCD) came on and the phone part worked (I could make and receive calls). I figured maybe it was just that w's and wx's were not the same. I ordered another screen, it came and I installed it. The same thing happened, it would not do anything but light up the keyboard. I did notice that all three have different part numbers. Can anyone please help as I was stupid and bought both of these phones on greedbay.
    just make sure the connector is firmly in its place, mine did the same thing when i changed it's cracked screen for the new one, but i disassembled it again and reseated the screen connector. that did the trick.
    as for the part numbers, hardware-wise, other than the exrta 32mb the w and wx are just the same.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply, but I just bought my 3rd one from greedbay yesterday. I have taken it apart and tried re-seating the screen but no luck. Atleast they are getting cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilblackvette View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I just bought my 3rd one from greedbay yesterday. I have taken it apart and tried re-seating the screen but no luck. Atleast they are getting cheaper.
    Sorry to hear about your issues. I've a 755p with a cracked LCD.

They're selling "touch screen digitizers" on ebay for $13 (incl shipping!). That's not the part I want, is it?