1.    #1  
    Not sure what happened. I wrote before that I had to get a new phone because of USB issues. Anyway, I deleted the partnership that I had for the old phone and tried to make a new one, but now Vista's Mobile Device Center (latest version), will not even recognize the phone. I've even uninstalled/reinstalled the device center software. Any idea of what I need to reset in Vista to get it to recognize my phone as a new device as if it's never seen it before? I know this will work if I can figure out how to do it.

BTW, I did hard reset and start fresh after this problem and no change.
    32 or 64 bit?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My Vista 64 bit connect all the time. Better than the XP.

There are problems getting the 800w to connect 100% of the type on ActiveSync. Fix this Palm!

There are two places to do this.

The green cycle thing on the bottom right. Click on it to open it. Then highlight your PDA and click Sync.

Then there is another one which is START and Window Mobile Device Center.

I cant figure out which one would connect first.
    have u guys tried connecting via bt...i have not had any issues
    me too bt=no issues. Usb=issues every once in a while.
    I have done both. I found the USB wants to be connected 2x before it behaves. The Bluetooth is 100%, though a tad bit slower, but exceedingly reliable.
    Try this USB update from Palm. It should fix your issues.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170521
    I had the same issue. Palm had me do a soft reset. Don't ask me why it worked but it did.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Try this USB update from Palm. It should fix your issues.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170521
    Hannip you are a god among men. Thanks for this find! Although my computer finally did recognize my Palm after sitting on the sync base for a while, I will still install this immediately. You are the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Hannip you are a god among men. Thanks for this find! Although my computer finally did recognize my Palm after sitting on the sync base for a while, I will still install this immediately. You are the best!
    Thank aixguru for finding it and Palm for fixing it. I'm just passing the info along.
    The USB update fixed my synch delay issue also......now my PC immediately sees and synchs with my 800w.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!