Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Oh, then this is wonderful! Then this is a great fix to for ActiveSync. I will test in the next week and I will find out.

For BT activesync, first have have it paired, meaning you have to put in the 4 digit code.

Then go to the Programs and click on ActiveSync icon. Go to Menu (right side) and 'Connect via Bluetooth'. Do it from your 800w. Dont do it from your computer.

It always work for me using my x51v and Mogul. I have not yet try on 800w.
    rizzo89,

I have synced Treo 800w over BT with 'one' PC running Vista 32 Home premium. I did not have any issue in syncing Outlook contacts, tasks, etc.
    Please note that I am using WMDC and not Palm Desktop.

However I have not been able to sync media files using WMDC-> WMP running on Laptop since WMP does not see Treo800W as a device when 'partnered' over BT. Based on my reading on the web, seems like that is a issue seen with WinMo devices.
    OK...here is the result, her "bad" battery was fine. After installing the update, I put the "bad" battery back in and left it plugged in while we went to dinner. Came home to find a battery charged to 100% and working just like new. Looks like Palm can fix things well...lets hope that they are looking for all our missing calls...they have got to be under the mattress
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzo89 View Post
    Has anybody had any luck syncing with bluetooth? I am having a hell of time over here. I bought 3 new dongles with the Toshiba stack and bought Sync manager so I can sync between 3 computers and I can't even sync to 1. Maybe this update will fix this???
    My BT works perfectly. Pair the treo with the computer and your set. Then whenever you want to sync, just be sure to initiate the sync from the activesync program on the Treo.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    This is a step in the right direction. Now we need a patch to deal with the BT volume issue.
    Anybody else noticing their Treo 800w responds to commands that involve screen changes just a "tad" slower than before installing the update?
    cool didn't know about this. Is their a page that has all the 800w updates? I know their is one i installed for voice over BT fix...
    After installing the update, I noticed my free RAM now hovers around 50MB under the same normal usage (several programs running in the background). Before it would hover around 43M (even after a soft reset).
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    cool didn't know about this. Is their a page that has all the 800w updates? I know their is one i installed for voice over BT fix...
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/...downloads.html
    Very nice. Seems to fix my usb issues that I was having.

For the curious this update installs the following files:
    usbfn.dll (replaces rom version)
    USBUpdate.dll (new)
    treo800w-USBUpdate.txt (new)
    SerialUSBFn.dll (replaces rom version)
    usbotg.dll (replaces rom version)
    **Now if only they put out a fix for the missing phone calls, I may then stop thinking about throwing both phones out the car window**
    I had this problem and as kooky as it sounds, Sprint fixed it by resetting my ESN information. I was so sure the problem would survive the reprovisioning I was barely nice to the Sprint support staff. I am eating the crow now - it fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzo89 View Post
    Has anybody had any luck syncing with bluetooth? I am having a hell of time over here. I bought 3 new dongles with the Toshiba stack and bought Sync manager so I can sync between 3 computers and I can't even sync to 1. Maybe this update will fix this???
    I finally got it to work yesterday. The main problem I was having was with the COM ports. I trust you are able to pair the Treo to your PC? How far do you get beyond that?
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    After installing the update, I noticed my free RAM now hovers around 50MB under the same normal usage (several programs running in the background). Before it would hover around 43M (even after a soft reset).
    That means we should be seeing improved performance after the patch. My Treo 800w seems to be working as I'm used to today. I did do a couple of backups last night, which of course forces soft resets and may have resolved whatever I was noticing.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    This is a step in the right direction. Now we need a patch to deal with the BT volume issue.
    Yeah, this one bugs me. I hope they're working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gusbrown View Post
    I had this problem and as kooky as it sounds, Sprint fixed it by resetting my ESN information. I was so sure the problem would survive the reprovisioning I was barely nice to the Sprint support staff. I am eating the crow now - it fixed it.
    Didn't fix it for me. That's the first thing that was done when I called them about the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    My 800 locked up on the Palm screen during the reset that's part of the update. I had to reset it myself by removing the battery and after doing so the touchscreen didn't work. I reset it again and it completed the reset and the touchscreen was fine.
    This happened to me as well, at least the locking up on restart (it was still connected to USB when I did the update/reset). No touch screen prob, though, just pulled battery and it reset a second time. Seems to have worked: plugged phone in while in screen saver mode and it immediately lit up the charging light, woke the device and PC recognized/started ActiveSync, despite keyguard still active.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by gusbrown View Post
    Didn't work for me either. They tried that several times, also several soft resets and hard resets. There is an update fix for Centros over on the Palm site but not for the 800w.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    i donno but my phone is acting crazy after this update...my battery ran down and my phone shut off.. i've tried three different charging methods and my phone never stays on past 40 secs..

i don't have my wall charger with me so i can't test that method..but this is crazy i haven't been able to use my phone since 11am today!
    Well it looks like my phone is done! it won't charge any battery placed in it. and it only stays on for 40secs or so after boot... i am so pissed right now because they had to order me a replacement which won't be here until wed. i had to buy a cheap dumb phone as a replacement... $186 and texting sucks on it...

its time i think about getting a backup phone from ebay... dammmn the 800!
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
    Well it looks like my phone is done! it won't charge any battery placed in it. and it only stays on for 40secs or so after boot... i am so pissed right now because they had to order me a replacement which won't be here until wed. i had to buy a cheap dumb phone as a replacement... $186 and texting sucks on it...

its time i think about getting a backup phone from ebay... dammmn the 800!
    I had a similar problem when I first got my phone and ran my battery all the way down and tried charging it in the car... The charging light was inconsistent and then wouldnt seem to charge at all. When I got home, I plugged it in with the wall charger and eventually it started to charge again. After about 10 minutes, the phone would come on and only stay on for a few seconds and shut off. I would then have to pull the battery and plug it back in to get it to start charging again. Eventually I noticed that no matter how long I had it on the charger, when it would boot up, the battery would still be at 0%. So for some reason, WM thought there was no charge. (Or maybe there really wasnt) So the next time I took the battery out, I held down the red key for about 10 minutes until the phone kicked back on and I was able to catch it start up so I could do a hard reset. This fixed the problem and I fortunately havent had that problem since then.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast