1.    #1  
    any way to remove the rimg delay that when someone calls the treo 800w, there is no delay before the treo 800 rings?thnx
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I don't know how long the delay is that you're talkign about, but I have two questions:
    1. Are you using a large mp3 or wma file for a ringer?
    2. Are you using a large image file for a contact photo?

These are things that can delay the ring.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Slot Cycle Index relates to delay before ring (frequency of checking in with the towers, IIRC), but it can negatively impact battery life. But as Rhody indicated, there are other possibilities, and I wouldn't know how to change the SCI on a Sprint phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I don't know how long the delay is that you're talkign about, but I have two questions:
    1. Are you using a large mp3 or wma file for a ringer?
    2. Are you using a large image file for a contact photo?

These are things that can delay the ring.
    I have my phone set to vibrate and ring. My phone will always vibrate (and the screen backlight will come up) about 2 seconds before the phone actually rings. This is my second Treo 800w due to a cracked screen on the first one. And I'm having the same issue with both.

Not to mention, the phone only vibrates once...but regardless, the ringer doesn't start until after the vibrate cycle is over.

If the vibrate is selected "OFF" the backlight comes on (or I hear/feel the phone vibrate) before the ringer begins. Many times, I'll start to answer a call simply because I see the backlight come on before I actually hear it ringing.

It would be awesome to get this fixed. I can't imagine why it's so hard to make this phone ring and vibrate like all other cell phones out there. What gives?

Cosmo
    Another thing that affects ringing delay is if you have Voice Command set to announce incoming calls. Disable that announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    I have my phone set to vibrate and ring. My phone will always vibrate (and the screen backlight will come up) about 2 seconds before the phone actually rings. This is my second Treo 800w due to a cracked screen on the first one. And I'm having the same issue with both.

Not to mention, the phone only vibrates once...but regardless, the ringer doesn't start until after the vibrate cycle is over.

If the vibrate is selected "OFF" the backlight comes on (or I hear/feel the phone vibrate) before the ringer begins. Many times, I'll start to answer a call simply because I see the backlight come on before I actually hear it ringing.

It would be awesome to get this fixed. I can't imagine why it's so hard to make this phone ring and vibrate like all other cell phones out there. What gives?

Cosmo
    Are you sure you don't have it set to Vibrate then ring? There are two different settings there. My Mogul vibrates and rings at the same time, and so did my 700wx.

As for the slight delay, that happens with my Mogul too. don't remember if my 700wx did it too, but I don't think there's really much that can be done about it. Although I do have S2U2 running, that could be why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Are you sure you don't have it set to Vibrate then ring? There are two different settings there. My Mogul vibrates and rings at the same time, and so did my 700wx.

As for the slight delay, that happens with my Mogul too. don't remember if my 700wx did it too, but I don't think there's really much that can be done about it. Although I do have S2U2 running, that could be why.
    Under notification, I have "Vibrate when ringer switch off" & "Vibrate when ringer switch on" selected. There is no such feature to vibrate first followed by the ringer.

Additionally, it is absolutely incredible the phone will only vibrate 1 time. When the phone was brand new it vibrated constantly. Now that I have a different ringer selected it will only vibrate once. I just recently got a new 800w due to a cracked screen, and tested the vibration issue with it out of the box. When the ringer was changed to something else, the phone would only vibrate once as had happened with my old 800w. Again, this was right out of the box with no 3rd party apps applied. And I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

The ringer delays and the phone vibrates one time only. This definitely needs fixed.

Cosmo
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    Additionally, it is absolutely incredible the phone will only vibrate 1 time. When the phone was brand new it vibrated constantly. Now that I have a different ringer selected it will only vibrate once. I just recently got a new 800w due to a cracked screen, and tested the vibration issue with it out of the box. When the ringer was changed to something else, the phone would only vibrate once as had happened with my old 800w. Again, this was right out of the box with no 3rd party apps applied. And I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

The ringer delays and the phone vibrates one time only. This definitely needs fixed.

Cosmo
    If you switch back to the original ringer does it vibrate more than one time? What ringer was it originally? I assume it was one of the Treo ones. Unfortunately, I don't have a second phone to do any testing.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Slot Cycle Index relates to delay before ring (frequency of checking in with the towers, IIRC), but it can negatively impact battery life. But as Rhody indicated, there are other possibilities, and I wouldn't know how to change the SCI on a Sprint phone.
    i think its been pretty well proven changing SLI very very minimally effects battery life if at all. The tower may even override SLI, no one really knows for sure about that. Theres no way to change SLI on the WM treos that anyone has figured out yet that i can find going back to the 700wx