1.    #1  
    2 weeks? 3? one month? Just curious coz lots of people still guess it's coming around Oct or Nov? Do you think it's too slow and stupid?

Maybe everyone is patient, but I just wanna break into one store at midnite asap.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    There is no "normal" with Palm releases. I think I waited 2 months after the formal announcement of the Treo 180 before it actually hit my doorstep.

But this time around, the device will hit the warehouses the week of Sept.1 and stores shortly after.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've made a preorder on Clove.co.uk

from their response, Treo pro will on stock and deliver in next week (Sep.1-7)
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad2000 View Post
    I've made a preorder on Clove.co.uk

from their response, Treo pro will on stock and deliver in next week (Sep.1-7)
    It's looking like an early September release in the UK

Expansys are taking pre-orders for 399 ($737 inc. tax). The lowest I've seen is pcsuppliers.co.uk at 328.

I'm guessing the Palm Store will be 399. Maybe they will be offering free delivery or some accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    It's looking like an early September release in the UK

Expansys are taking pre-orders for 399 ($737 inc. tax). The lowest I've seen is pcsuppliers.co.uk at 328.

I'm guessing the Palm Store will be 399. Maybe they will be offering free delivery or some accessories.
    If it is selling at 399, many people will order directly from Palm US.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    If it is selling at 399, many people will order directly from Palm US.
    Tempting, but:
    • You would need a US address and credit card
    • You would have to pay import duties and VAT
    • You might have problems with returns/warranty
  7.    #7  
    why release in Europe first? Why they never care about the fellow citizens in US?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    It's not Europe first, they just have carriers which are selling the device. You can buy it in the states the first day it ships. I've got one on order already.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    why release in Europe first? Why they never care about the fellow citizens in US?
    In Europe we won't ever get the Treo 800w unless they make a non-CDMA version.
    I always wonder why they don't release the GSM treos here also first or at least at the same time as Europe.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I was hoping for a September 1 release in the UK, and I got my hopes up when the Palm Store was down over the weekend. It's now back up, but there's still nothing at the moment.

I'll keep watching during the day with my credit card in hand!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    UK Suppliers are now quoting September 12 as the date available!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Vodafone are telling me 15 Sep but 'it probably won't be in till Oct'.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    The 12th is a Friday and the 15th a Monday, so an official release on Monday September 15 may be the most likely date.
  15.    #15  
    now I can see why ppl would love to stay in Euro.... so unfair to have product available to other countries FIRST!
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    now I can see why ppl would love to stay in Euro.... so unfair to have product available to other countries FIRST!
    Of course, not because of the stronger economy nor the better health care system. Treo couple weeks before the US, hell yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger View Post
    It's not Europe first, they just have carriers which are selling the device. You can buy it in the states the first day it ships. I've got one on order already.
    how do you have a states version on order already?
    -tgwaste
  18. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    how do you have a states version on order already?
    Some web stores are taking preorders--there are links in some of the other threads.