Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    That's interesting. It was a bit of a shock to bring my UK handset over, proudly sporting the "tri-band" logo, and finding it struggled most of the time. Thank goodness for quad-band handsets!

Fortunately, the Treo Pro is a quad-band handset and it's much cheaper in the US compared with the UK. But you're right about moving to another thread...
  2. sv3
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    What solution?
    I'm with Vodafone as the monopoly carrier for GSM and it uses the 900Mhz band, which I think is also used in Australia, Asia and Europe.
    The solution I've used is AnyTone AT-600 which I sourced on eBay from a Honk Kong supplier at about half the retail price. Other models are available at lower power, but I didn't want to make the mistake of buying an under-powered unit with little opportunity the exchange/return product and the outrageous shipping costs.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm currently testing the Moto q9h - Wow Reception!

You guys might try this:

Google treo reception
    and notice all the complaints

then Google motorola q9 reception and notice all the good reviews and comments about how great the reception is.

I'm on day 2 of never using wm standard before, it takes a getting used to, but I was so tired of having a power house pocket computer with bad reception.
    I can see myself settling on the Moto q for nothing else then awesome reception.
    My Moto RAZR 2 V9 gets excellent reception, too.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    I had asked Marianne in another thread how the reception was:

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Very good - full blast so far, but you have to keep in mind that I'm on a 3G only network in central Stockholm. I'm visiting my parents in the countryside 300 km west of Stockholm today, and that'll be the real test. You drive through vasts forests and hilly terrain. And lot's of elks but I doubt they'll affect the reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Got back late last night from my trip to my parents in the countryside. reception was excellent despite the terrain except for maybe 2-3 minutes when we were in a "black hole".

M
    Just call me Berd.
    It looks like more and more people are getting their new toy.

Perhaps if you new pro's could just drop a short post on what you think of reception compared to other phones you've had.
    Also how loud and clear headset is.

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    After a couple of days' use, I'm going to commit the mortal sin of declaring "I get great reception on my Treo."

Tried the ultimate test this afternoon, at the back of my local coffee shop where my phones are hit-and-miss on getting reception... The Centro only managed 1 bar, if at all over several months. The Pro got a steady 3 bars.
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    It looks like more and more people are getting their new toy.

Perhaps if you new pro's could just drop a short post on what you think of reception compared to other phones you've had.
    Also how loud and clear headset is.

Thanks
    Also seems louder and clearer than both my Touch Dual and the Centro. Must qualify that because I use a Jabra 2020 bluetooth headset 90% of the time and rarely slap a phone against my head...

Sound with the headset also very clear, but I have not fiddled with the volume controls for a proper trial.
    I heard a lot of good comments about the centro's reception.
    That's really good news, if it's better than the centro.

Thanks Simsim
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsim View Post
    Also seems louder and clearer than both my Touch Dual and the Centro. Must qualify that because I use a Jabra 2020 bluetooth headset 90% of the time and rarely slap a phone against my head...
    What happens to reception when you do slap the Pro against your head for, say, 10 seconds? Does it still show 3 bars then?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    What happens to reception when you do slap the Pro against your head for, say, 10 seconds? Does it still show 3 bars then?
    What happens? Apart from minor concussion you mean?

Actually I don't know, but I figure it should be better because my phone usually resides in my front trouser pocket (often under a table/desk) while I'm talking on a bt headset. So when it is up high by your head I assume reception will be better?
    I think biggles asked what he did because some phones tend to drop a bar when you put it close to your head.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I think biggles asked what he did because some phones tend to drop a bar when you put it close to your head.
    Anywhere near your body, I think, though especially the Treo 650, which would go from two bars to no signal after a few seconds talking, unless you went to speakerphone or handsfree.

But, now I've got my Treo Pro, I'm pleased to say it doesn't seem to drop a bar at all and I am able to talk easily on it in my 'two-bar reception' area. There's a slight background hiss, as someonE else has mentioned, but nothing untoward and maybe a bit of fiddling with the volume settings might change that.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I wasn't aware of that. But I've been sneaking a peak the last 24 hours and haven't noticed any drop while I'm talking.

I have however noticed a couple of bars movement (both up and down) when moving the phone rapidly, say from a pocket up to your head (especially in a car), or from one part of a desk to another. But settles down when the movement subsides, and I guess this is normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    ...clip...
    There's a slight background hiss, as someone else has mentioned, but nothing untoward and maybe a bit of fiddling with the volume settings might change that.
    That was one of the first things I noticed (didn't have a hiss on my 750) But now that I've been using the pro for a few days, I hardly even notice it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12