1.    #1  
    My Treo 755p had a colon instead of a semi-colon as the alt character for the letter 'k'. I know I can get the colon using the Alt key, but I was wondering if there was a way to get the treo 800w to use a colon for alt 'k'? Any help is appreciated.
    I have not been able to emulate the Palm OS keyboard behavior (700p) on the T800 using the native WM keyboard driver.

I am sure others can suggest third party solutions that will allow you to map what you want but I don't use any.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I agree this change is a bad one as I enter times which need the colon a lot more than I ever use the semi colon. Now I have to do added key press to get to a colon when setting times.
    Last edited by Rogus; 08/27/2008 at 06:35 PM.
    I would also like to know this one. I know the Alt key approach is the same number of keystrokes but it still drives me crazy.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyguy2 View Post
    I would also like to know this one. I know the Alt key approach is the same number of keystrokes but it still drives me crazy.
    If you're adding time it's not the same number of key strokes. You push the option button twice to lock in the shift to numbers/punction and when want to add the colon you have to press alt, center key instead of just pressing the k which was previously the colon. OK, so it's only one more key press, but really how many times do you use a semi colon?
    This was very annoying. I now use MagiKB Lite to remap option K to type a colon.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    This was very annoying. I now use MagiKB Lite to remap option K to type a colon.
    Good idea! Does MagiKB Lite work reliable for you? I always find it works whenever I go into the program and exit but by the next day it does not work anymore. Something must be resetting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Good idea! Does MagiKB Lite work reliable for you? I always find it works whenever I go into the program and exit but by the next day it does not work anymore. Something must be resetting it.
    MagiKB works great for me - very reliable. No issues that I can think of.