1.    #1  
    I have seen mention prior of people saying they have trimmed down the OS and other things on their Treos to get more space.

I am a very new 750 owner and dont want to delete things I need or mess it up.

What can be deleted that comes on the Treo and is not needed to free up space ?
    I pretty much deleted all of the AT&T crapware - however, it's still in the ROM so if you hard reset, it's back.

I recently reflashed with the unbranded ROM (I do sorta miss the AT&T splash screen when I turn the phone on/off, but oh well), and it has none of the AT&T crapware.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Does it eliminate MSN messenger from the cooked ROM? I was reading somewhere that MMS handler and speed dialing are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Does it eliminate MSN messenger from the cooked ROM? I was reading somewhere that MMS handler and speed dialing are gone.
    I'm not running a cooked ROM. I'm running the official Palm unbranded release, MSN Messenger is there - so is MMS and speed dialing.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    My bad, thanks for clarifying.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Is all the extra ATT crapware part of the reason when typing for example that's it so slow?
    Att dumps a bunch of crap into their Roms that they want you to use. We call it bloatware.
    The only way to remove it is by cooking, which isn't easy, and even harder with Palms WM Roms.
    And you really can't delete it out of the ROM from your phone, your most likely just deleting the shortcut.
    I guess if you really wanted to, you could go deep and find every file associated with a certain app, and then delete the reg entry, but it makes more sense to just flash the Official Unbranded Rom.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Actually, most of the so-called crap is just URL shortcuts. It has no effect on speed and doesn't take up much space in the ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Actually, most of the so-called crap is just URL shortcuts. It has no effect on speed and doesn't take up much space in the ROM.
    Thanks for the info. I'm planning on buying a Centro, a Treo 680 or 750, and need to know for same reason as RKKeller.