1.    #1  
    Hi can anyone point me to a nice free alarm clock app for the 800W? I just want something simple that will go off every morning to wake me up for work. The default alarm is not working well for me since it stopped playing sounds all of a sudden. It will go off, but with no sound even though the sound is enabled, the volume is maxed out, and I can even hear the preview when setting the alarm up. Need some help here since I use it M-F to wake me up.

Thanks,

Bill
    You will experience exactly the same performance issues with a commercial application (same issue with Fizz Alarm). It is a bug in the WM OS that has lived there for a few years. There are applications that attempt to address the issue, but do not always work. Some have success with pmClean, some with MemMaid (I did but it failed to help twice), and AlarmFix, just to name a few of the zillions out there.

To conclude, as an alarm clock, it bites. The built-in calender has not failed yet for me though.
    I never had any problems with Spb Time, though it is not free. The alarm always goes off everytime. It has a separate volume, so even if the device volume is low, Spb Time, will go off loud. Of course, it will not work if the vibrate switch is on. You can even access the snooze function, without having to unlock your device.

I do run Memmaid daily to clear duplicate, dangling, and invalid, theb rebuild notifications.
    it is the rebuild notifications that hangs up on occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Curious, doesn't hang on my phone. Perhaps clashing with any other app on your phone?

BTW, I don't like the alarm interface of the WM but the alarm has never failed to wake me up for over a year of use on the Mogul and so far on the Treo 800w.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I also never had it hang on me.
    Bad wording on my part. No "hang," just does not re-enable the alarms routinely.
    Bad wording on my part. No "hang," just does not re-enable the alarms routinely.
    OK now I see, still this has not happened to me...yet
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    Hi can anyone point me to a nice free alarm clock app for the 800W? I just want something simple that will go off every morning to wake me up for work. The default alarm is not working well for me since it stopped playing sounds all of a sudden. It will go off, but with no sound even though the sound is enabled, the volume is maxed out, and I can even hear the preview when setting the alarm up. Need some help here since I use it M-F to wake me up.

Thanks,

Bill
    I am not quite sure what is causing this, mine does it too. However after a hard reset it works again. The settings of some program I have installed or that came installed on the phone is causing this to vibrate instead of sound a tone. When I get more free time I plan to do a hard reset and then reload everything individually rather than by restoring a back-up. Hopefully I will be able to find out what the is causing this. If I have any luck I will post as well as PM you for anybody that may want to know.
    You will experience exactly the same performance issues with a commercial application (same issue with Fizz Alarm). It is a bug in the WM OS that has lived there for a few years. There are applications that attempt to address the issue, but do not always work. Some have success with pmClean, some with MemMaid (I did but it failed to help twice), and AlarmFix, just to name a few of the zillions out there.

To conclude, as an alarm clock, it bites. The built-in calender has not failed yet for me though.
    I've been using Fizz Alarm for a while no with no issues. I knew there was an issue w/ WM ringer volume but I didn't know it effected the alarms as well... Let's hope that doesn't happen

To the OP: give Fizz Alarm a shot during the trial period. I think it's a great app and it's loud as hell in the mornings - jolts me out of my sleep!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Did you see the thread titled "Alarm Clock" in the 800w forum?

Here's one that suggested a while ago: http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...0&postcount=41

Full thread: http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...ht=alarm+clock
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    alarm looks good. What folder did you put it in?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    First install the program via the .cab [check the link I posted to the freeware site], then just replace the .exe it installs with the modified one I posted. (Wherever the installation program puts it.) I think it's in a folder called "Green Software" or something like that.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I am a bit of a novice, all apologies. I can't find the CAB file.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    No problem.
    Download this program: http://pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1326

Then download this .zip file that I posted. http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...0&postcount=41

After installing the first file, unzip the second and drag and drop it on your device into the Programs/Greensoftware folder. Then open the AlarmClock program and click "yes" with your left softkey, and you should be good to go.
    i downloaded the free alarm. how do you set it? when i go to setting to set it i hit the 'x' button to go to the main page it still show that it is not set. what am i doing wrong?