1.    #1  
    I'm new to Windows Mobile and Activesync so maybe this is normal but...

When my phone is connected to my laptop via the sync cable, I can no longer get on the Internet through the phone if my laptop does not have it's own connection. I had never noticed it before but today I had accidentally flipped the wifi switch off on the laptop and then couldn't get anywhere on the phone. If I unplug the cable from the phone, the EV icon appears and I can then connect.

When the laptop is connected to the wireless network and the phone is hooked up to Activesync, the phone seems to be getting its Internet connection from the laptop and not from Sprint. I did check that I can still tether the phone when the laptop isn't connected to a network so that still functions.

Is this just normal operating procedure for WM and Activesync?

Attached is a screen shot of the connectivity status.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It is normal. You may want to check the box in ActiveSync that will allow wireless connection when connected to AS.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    It is normal. You may want to check the box in ActiveSync that will allow wireless connection when connected to AS.
    I already have it set that way and it doesn't work. I guess this will only be a problem for me when I'm trying to charge the phone when my laptop doesn't have an internet connection. At that point I'll just use the tethering.