Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Based on the following news, Palm is going to make the CDMA version of Treo Pro.

http://news.cens.com/cens/html/en/ne...ner_24450.html
    Interesting. At first I thought that meant a Nova version, but I clearly jumped the gun.

Good news, still. Thanks for the heads-up.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Very nice! My 700w is needing an upgrade, and this was the one I wanted. Looks much better than the 800, I want it now!
    It's an interesting turn of events. It used to be that gsm versions came last, but it is reversed for the Pro.
    CRAP!!!!!!!! I Just bought the 800w! I wonder how long it will be before a version of the Treo pro arrives on Sprint....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Sweet!!!! But how long are we really looking at before we see this on the market? Is this a year out or does HTC's wheels turn alot faster than Palms?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    This would be PERFECT!! Any idea is Sedio is planning any accessories for this?
    I may ebay my 800w when this thing is available.

I wonder if Sprint would sell them or if they would come straight from Palm like the GSM version. Would make a difference I assume for people with Sprint Insurance.
    Unlike GSM where you can just pop a SIM card in the CDMA ones need to be sold with a carrier (i think) so they will be released by Verizon or Sprint. I get the feeling that since Verizon was supposed to have the 850/pro ( and they supposedly cancled the 800W) we will see this on Verizon first. I will think about ebaying my 800W ( I love the 800w but this a litle nicer) but you got to figure early next year for the CDMA and its ealry to mid next year for the Nova so odds are I will just wait to see what the Nova is. Really looking forward to that more than this which is like the 800W with a better battery and nicer look.
    The Treo Pro looks sweet and sleek. However, I am a picky person when it comes to my device. I would be tired of wiping the device from finger prints
    My prediction:
    Vodafone Europe: September 2008.
    Rest of World incl US (GSM): October 2008.
    Verizon Wireless: February 2009.
    Sprint: May 2009, so all those 800w don't scream bloody murder.
    All Wild A** Guess on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenfivediamonds View Post
    The Treo Pro looks sweet and sleek. However, I am a picky person when it comes to my device. I would be tired of wiping the device from finger prints
    Maybe it would be easier to wipe the Treo Pro. With the other Treo phones, gunk accumulates in the corners which are harder to clean out.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Maybe it would be easier to wipe the Treo Pro. With the other Treo phones, gunk accumulates in the corners which are harder to clean out.
    I'm unsure of any advantage from having the flush screen (apart from the looks). With the recessed screen, the edges of the screen protector are themselves protected from being caught, and peeled back, by the surrounding bezel. On the Pro, will the screen protector just cover the visible screen display, or the whole flush area? And, whichever it covers, won't it always be getting caught and peeling off?
    Oh I just mean that the dirtiest part of my Treo screens are always the corners. With flat screen, it could wipe right off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Oh I just mean that the dirtiest part of my Treo screens are always the corners. With flat screen, it could wipe right off.
    My thoughts, exactly.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Awesome! I guess the little verizon rep that I talked to actually DID know what he was talking about
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Just a quick thought. I read Jennifer's piece on the home page and I got excited for a second about CDMA on Verizon happening really soon with a Canadian release on Rodgers or 9-17. Then it hit me if I am not mistaken that Rodgers is GSM. I am not sure how this fits into the CDMA release of this article unless it was just added as general info.
    It would be odd that they would release anything soon cause of the 800w, but you never know. Possible that it is an upgraded version of the Centro and that's what it will be marketed as, maybe not.

I speculate they'd wait till next year for the 850 on CDMA, but maybe we'll get more information around September.

I took my 800w back, and now I wait to see what I want.

Touch Diamond- Know this will be out soon
    850... Who knows if this will be out on Sprint
    Blackberry.... Waiting to see what new Blackberry gets released for Sprint.

If AT&T has the Bold soon, and then Verizon the Storm (what I read) then what will Sprint get?

Hopefully i'll have all the info I need answered by the end of September, so I can make my decision. If Best Buy gets the HTC Diamond, which I am sure we will, I can play with it at the store and see if I can live without the keys.

One thing I will not even look at is the Instink. I saw THREE of these come back in one night. A total of probably 6 or more of these phones in a week. They seem to be junk, and are being returned (at least at Best Buy) at a high rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    It would be odd that they would release anything soon cause of the 800w, but you never know. Possible that it is an upgraded version of the Centro and that's what it will be marketed as, maybe not.

I speculate they'd wait till next year for the 850 on CDMA, but maybe we'll get more information around September.

I took my 800w back, and now I wait to see what I want.

Touch Diamond- Know this will be out soon
    850... Who knows if this will be out on Sprint
    Blackberry.... Waiting to see what new Blackberry gets released for Sprint.

If AT&T has the Bold soon, and then Verizon the Storm (what I read) then what will Sprint get?

Hopefully i'll have all the info I need answered by the end of September, so I can make my decision. If Best Buy gets the HTC Diamond, which I am sure we will, I can play with it at the store and see if I can live without the keys.

One thing I will not even look at is the Instink. I saw THREE of these come back in one night. A total of probably 6 or more of these phones in a week. They seem to be junk, and are being returned (at least at Best Buy) at a high rate.
    ^^^^ I'm right there with you. The 800w is a total waste and I'm awaiting the release of the Diamond, Touch Pro and Treo Pro.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast