1.    #1  
    treo 800w call screen looks like a typical palm os screen whereas pro screen looks like a typical winmobile call screen from htc that has the notes contacts and other bottons why would palm not put that on the 800w cause i heard htc had somethin to do with 800w to0 that one looks SO much better
    pix?
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    HTC built the Treo Pro and I believe Palm decided not to put their custom applications onto it. Therefore it has the default / Htc dialer, call screen, SMS threading, etc. It's as if Htc built and sold the phone as Palm seems to not have touched it.
    Here are two images.

Is it possible to get the TreoPro call screen on the 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Is it possible to get the TreoPro call screen on the 800w?
    I'm pretty sure it's either the default call screen for WM or HTC's call screen. I'm sure there's a way to do this but it may not be pretty.

Honestly, I prefer the Palm today plugin
    I would suggest it's the same as if you look at the Palm os Treos/Centros and the difference in the dialer is between GSM and CDMA. The Pro is GSM and the 800w is CDMA so that may be the actual difference.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Personally I am very grateful the 800w has the standard Palm dialer. The HTC dialer is slow and laggy on every HTC device I have used (Titan, Mogul, and Tilt).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I would suggest it's the same as if you look at the Palm os Treos/Centros and the difference in the dialer is between GSM and CDMA. The Pro is GSM and the 800w is CDMA so that may be the actual difference.
    GSM versus CDMA has absolutely nothing to do with this. My Sprint Mogul has the exact same dialer / status screen as the Treo Pro.

It has to do with Palm enabling the 800w to use their plugin as opposed to the default or htc application (whichever it may be).

Think about it; how could a frequency determine what your screen looked like?
    The frequency doesn't, but Palm seems to like keeping the two looking different.