1.    #1  
    hi everyone.. maybe someone can help me.. in my treo 700p i used filez and used to go into the internal memory and erased a file called addressrecentlist something like that and it used to delete the recent sms list... how can i delete it in my 800w?
    The file you deleted in the 700p is AddressingLibRec. I do not have the 800w yet, but will try to figure it out once I have it.
  3.    #3  
    hopefully you'll get it soon.. i would love to know how to do that.. anyone else?
    has anyone found a solution to the above question i would really like to know...thanks in advance
    It cant be hard. There has to be a registry key value that tells the device how many recent addresses to save. Just change the value to zero and there will be no recent list.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    what about menu>>purge??
    If you use the purge button it deletes everything, I am just looking to delete the quick list...has anyone found success with the registry key value..what program is best for editing registry values
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    It cant be hard. There has to be a registry key value that tells the device how many recent addresses to save. Just change the value to zero and there will be no recent list.
    True, so does anyone know it?
    Yea I need this answer too....anyone?
    I just sent myself an SMS, I didn't see anything in the registry. But the only 2 files that were updated was...
    PalmMsgV001
    compimeh.0409.dat

It would be safe to assume that's it's contained in PalmMsgV001, since that contains the actual messages.

EDIT: It wasn't PalmMsgV001. I just deleted and although Palm's SMS created a new one, the recent SMS list was still there.

EDIT #2: It wasn't the other file either. the same thing happened when I deleted it.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 09/06/2008 at 02:32 PM.
    hmm..does this now mean that it cannot be edited through the registry?