1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the instant messenger application included on the Treo 800w by Srpint used SMS to send/receive messages? The reason I ask is that I just noticed if I leave Yahoo or AIM logged in and someone sends me a message while my phone is in standby it shows that I have a new SMS message.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Yes the builtin app does use SMS.
  3.    #3  
    Does it only do this if you disconnect from power vision without signing out of the service? Only reason I ask is that I havent noticed that my SMS message usage has increased since using this.
    i just use mundu instant messenger. it is instant on all incoming and outgoing messages.
    as long as you have the data package you are safe. its like 10 bucks for the program
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    The instant messenging app that comes with the 800w is Oz Instant messenger. It seemed ok when I first started using it, but lately a lot of IM's have been either really late (I mean hours) or haven't come through at all. Finally switched over to AOL's client which just got out of beta. Of course this won't let me see my yahoo and msn contacts, but 95% of my friends are on AIM, I'm at or near a computer with Trillian for 90% of most days, and these other services don't seem to let you be logged in to their service at multiple locations simultaneously the way AIM does... I've only just installed AOL's client, so we'll see how well it works, but I like how it's kind of synced to your online account where you can configure a lot of stuff and keep it saved...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

well mundu lets me sign into yahoo, msn, aol, gtalk, icq and jabber all at once.
    really cant go wrong with it
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    well mundu lets me sign into yahoo, msn, aol, gtalk, icq and jabber all at once.
    really cant go wrong with it
    Maybe I wasn't clear with what I wrote (or you're not responding to my comment) but what I mean is that I can't log into yahoo or msn on my phone and also on my computer. If I log in, it will then kick me off the other place I've logged in...

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I love Agile Messenger. The best interface, but it looks bad on 800w cause of the 320x320 screen. I need to ask them to change it.
    beejive talk is great but since its in beta - really buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    The instant messenging app that comes with the 800w is Oz Instant messenger. It seemed ok when I first started using it, but lately a lot of IM's have been either really late (I mean hours) or haven't come through at all. Finally switched over to AOL's client which just got out of beta. Of course this won't let me see my yahoo and msn contacts, but 95% of my friends are on AIM, I'm at or near a computer with Trillian for 90% of most days, and these other services don't seem to let you be logged in to their service at multiple locations simultaneously the way AIM does... I've only just installed AOL's client, so we'll see how well it works, but I like how it's kind of synced to your online account where you can configure a lot of stuff and keep it saved...
    So I installed the new AOL AIM client before I switch to using RealVGA and it looked like it didn't know how to display the fonts in 320x320 nicely and the fonts looked all blotchy and the images were low res.
    Now that I'm using RealVGA I tried it again and it is 1000x better. fonts are now nice and crisp and images look high res.

Are you seeing the blotchy text in standard mode too? I've reported this issue btw, but if you aren't seeing this maybe it was just a bad install or something.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    So I installed the new AOL AIM client before I switch to using RealVGA and it looked like it didn't know how to display the fonts in 320x320 nicely and the fonts looked all blotchy and the images were low res.
    Now that I'm using RealVGA I tried it again and it is 1000x better. fonts are now nice and crisp and images look high res.

Are you seeing the blotchy text in standard mode too? I've reported this issue btw, but if you aren't seeing this maybe it was just a bad install or something.
    Yes, I get blotchy text in it. At some point I'll install RealVGA, so I'm glad this will fix it, and in the mean time I just don't use this app all that much so it's not that big a deal. Still, this seems like an odd bug for screen incompatibility. They must be drawing the screen in a different way than most other apps...