Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I searched for but did not find any thread over this so I opened this one. Kinoma launched their first windows mobile based player with lotsssssssss of goodies in it. Both pocket pc and smartphone edition are compatible. At least I know treo 800w is compatible. There is free version as well "Kinoma FreePlay" to download for free after email activation but dont know if its for limited time trial or with limited functionality. Anyways here is the link: http://www.kinoma.com/play/
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    I searched for but did not find any thread over this so I opened this one. Kinoma launched their first windows mobile based player with lotsssssssss of goodies in it. Both pocket pc and smartphone edition are compatible. At least I know treo 800w is compatible. There is free version as well "Kinoma FreePlay" to download for free after email activation but dont know if its for limited time trial or with limited functionality. Anyways here is the link: http://www.kinoma.com/play/
    I just downloaded it and will be playing with it today... I'll let ya know what I think later.
  3.    #3  
    ok free version don't support mpeg 4 based video. It gave me option to buy kinoma play in order to play videos taken from Treo 800w.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Youtube playback is crisp so far. I think i may purchase this, but i need to play with it more.
  5.    #5  
    So It support shoutcast streams (with search options I may add), You tube (with account option), audible (login option, streaming audio books, not download), Flickr (with all account options) and "Kinoma media guide" that you loved on your Palm based Treos. So in my books Kinoma surpass any one streaming media player on any Mobile OS available today. Any one???
    Last edited by Ehsan; 08/25/2008 at 09:55 AM.

I was a big Kinoma fan for my palm OS device, and this version looks great so far; however, I'm struggling to see what it can do that I can't do with Coreplayer, Sprint TV, and Windows Media player. I realize that Kinoma's Media Guide is a great resource, but I don't listen to all that much audio, and there isn't a ton of video resources there.

I'm wondering what uses others have found / will find that will tempt me to buy it.
    Last edited by Bujin; 08/25/2008 at 10:05 AM.
    I am a huge Kinoma fan and bought this player before even trying it. Great upgrade discount for Palm OS Kinoma 4 Player users too.

Very slick interface and it streams podcasts beautifully. I'm very happy today!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I will add the application has very cool touch interface....very iPhone like.
    great.. youtube works well..
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I am a huge Kinoma fan and bought this player before even trying it. Great upgrade discount for Palm OS Kinoma 4 Player users too.

Very slick interface and it streams podcasts beautifully. I'm very happy today!
    What is the discount? Where can I get it? Link please?

11.    #11  
    What is the discount? Where can I get it? Link please?
    Disregard this. I read the email they sent me. Thanks again for letting me know. Upgrade price is 19.99 if you bought Kinoma 4.1 on Palm OS.

how can i get an upgrade price if i am moving from coreplay
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    how can i get an upgrade price if i am moving from coreplay
    Ummm why would you get and upgrade price if you didnt buy Kinoma player for Palm OS? Coreplay is different developer and Kinoma is different.

I bought this, but then removed it from my device in favor of PocketTunes. Here's why - in the time I tested it, it looked like it wouldn't support playback controls from my stereo BT headset (I use a Sony Ericsson one that is great), and there were also a few other features that I HAD to have, from my pTunes usage:

I liked how pTunes allowed you to fully exit the app (as in - totally close it; not just minimize it), and then when it fired back up again it would start ON ITS OWN, right where you left, based on an option setting. That was critical to me. Probably the most important.

I didn't like how Kinoma would play an album alphabetically, as opposed to oriiginal song order. Probably a way to change that, but it wasn't obvious to me.

I also didn't like how each time I launched the app anew, it would scan through all my media. I have a ton, and that became bothersome (yes I saw from Dieter's video that would lessen over time, but still - sheesh).

Back to pTunes! Yes, Kinoma has some cool movement process, and is a very comprehensive total media player, but all I need is a quick and simple music player. I've grown accustomed to pTunes (and I gave up Pocket Player in favor of pTunes, so I've been around a bit on this) and I really like it. Perhaps pTunes needs some 'coolness' work, but it is good for me.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Ummm why would you get and upgrade price if you didnt buy Kinoma player for Palm OS? Coreplay is different developer and Kinoma is different.
    A number of companies offer competitor upgrades to get folks to switch from another popular developer to their own. Makes sense as many wouldn't bother making such a switch if they already own a similar app.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    There is free version as well "Kinoma FreePlay" to download for free after email activation but dont know if its for limited time trial or with limited functionality.
    I'm happy to say that Kinoma FreePlay isn't time-limited in any way. If you just need a great MP3 and YouTube player, FreePlay might be all you ever need.

The best reference for the differences between Kinoma Play and Kinoma FreePlay is the FreePlay download page itself. (Just cancel the download if you already have it.)

http://kinoma.com/freeplay/download/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Last edited by Charles@Kinoma; 08/25/2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Corrected URL
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Well, I purchased Kionoma for my 800W. When I close the product (usually by using end task), and later restart the program, it asks me to register and activate again. This has happened four times!! (by the way the registration number is long, not one of those that you can keep stored in your grey matter)!!

I tried the link to their support site contained on the email anouncing the product, here is the message I got back:

"Attention: We do not offer technical support for any products. For any content or technical related questions, please contact the manufacturer of the product directly."

NO SUPPORT!! WoW

I also went to antoher support site: ttp://www.kinoma.com/index/support, and I get a message saying the site doesn't exist!!

Any thoughts?
    Pilottreo1
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1 View Post
    Well, I purchased Kionoma for my 800W. When I close the product (usually by using end task), and later restart the program, it asks me to register and activate again. This has happened four times!! (by the way the registration number is long, not one of those that you can keep stored in your grey matter)!!

I tried the link to their support site contained on the email anouncing the product, here is the message I got back:

"Attention: We do not offer technical support for any products. For any content or technical related questions, please contact the manufacturer of the product directly."

NO SUPPORT!! WoW

I also went to antoher support site: ttp://www.kinoma.com/index/support, and I get a message saying the site doesn't exist!!

Any thoughts?
    Pilottreo1
    Not sure if this applies to you but you can uninstall kinoma and download version using link that was sent to you in the email. I hope this works. But here is their support site http://www.kinoma.com/support/contact/

BTW, Dieter did a huge and very nice review of Kinoma Play including a video walkthrough early this morning, in case anyone is interested (you guys do read our site, right? lol):

http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sof...noma_play.html

(there's also a thread and comments here)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    This awesome!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast