Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Which radio station are you trying to play?
    I've got to say I'm really liking this application. There are, however; a few things I've love to see fixed or added.
    • For some reason, while it was buffering a streaming radio station, it ended up freezing and the Treo 800w task manager just could not end the task. I understand the occasional freeze as it happens but it would be nice if its process could actually be ended.
    • I know the appeal for Kinoma is streaming but sometimes my data connection isn't as good in my office. I'd really like an option to specify how much data is buffered as well as schedule downloading podcasts. The UI is so great, it would be a shame if I coudn't use this for all of my podcasts and download them before getting to work.
    • Please please please implement bluetooth controls for Kinoma. I own a Panasonic stereo headset that has play, pause, forward and back and the controls works great in Media Player but Kinoma doesn't have support for them.

Otherwise a very nice product.
    the radio station i'm trying to play is www.slacker.com radio station, it's what i listen to at work all the time, but cannot get to play on my phone without buying their portable player which i dont want. lol i just want to be able to load and play the internet radio station at www.slacker.com
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
    Sorry Dawn. I'm getting an unsupported MIME error with slacker.com. Maybe Kinoma would be willing/able to add it to their media guide?
    Thank you Alli for trying, I wasn;t able to get it to play on my phone either. Thought i was doing something wrong, lol
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
    Dawn,

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    the radio station i'm trying to play is www.slacker.com radio station...
    Is it the "Today's Hits Radio" that you're trying to play?

I'll try to contact the Slacker folks. Their business model appears to be to sell you Yet Another Device to carry around, which means that they may not love the fact that we enable your phone to do way more than just internet radio.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    For me, as much as I like the application it is a no go until the BT control and (much more importantly) the ability to define what folders to scan are fixed. This ability in other programs is just too convenient to pass up.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Version 5.0.59 is available via OTA (Over The Air). I don't see any noticeable difference. Dang thing still scans unnecessarily with no way to stop or manually do it. It did keep my playlist when I upgraded.
    i wish they fixed that
    Charles@kinoma.

Can you please let us know if Kinoma going to address the scanning issue one way or the other? We like to have the ability to control the scan. I had Kinoma for my 755, but the inability to control the scan is keeping me waiting right now. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I have no problem streaming podcasts after turning the screen off. Are you saying that playing music can't happen with the screen off? Don't have any music on my 800w so can't try it.
    oops correction. I should have said, I have no problem streaming podcasts and turning off the screen when I am using bluetooth audio but when I plug the headset into the phone, hitting the red screen off button also stops the audio.

Maybe it is a limitation of the phone and the micro USB port?
    Yirk, hannip answered that one for me about a week ago:

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It's the bluetooth driver that keeps the device from turning off. If I'm listening to music on the treo without bluetooth I just turn off the backlight.
    Thanks Alli.

I wonder if that is adding to the battery drain when I get out of the car and the device is still trying to make a connection through bluetooth.
    That could be. If you are listening to Kinoma over your car stereo (or something like that), I would shut Kinoma completely before getting out.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
    Issues so far:Once an audio stream is going through A2DP (streaming from the net or a local file), does not switch back to speaker when BT headset is turned off. Player must be completely restarted, which frequently doesn't work because of the unkillable kinoma.exe process.
    I noticed this the other day. When you are listening to Kinoma on the wired headset and you want to switch to bluetooth it is possible. It is also possible to switch from bluetooth back to regular speaker or headset.

I keep a single mp3 song in my favorites list just to help me switch modes. If I am listening to a streaming podcast in kinoma on my wired palm headset and want to switch to bluetooth I do the following:

1. Leave Kinoma running
    2. Pause the streaming podcast (over wired headset)
    3. Turn on the bluetooth headset
    4. Wait for the headset to recognize on the treo (ding or icon)
    5. In Kinoma go to favorites and start my MP3 song or any other stream or local music (kinoma will switch to bluetooth at that point)
    6. Pause the MP3 song
    7. Switch to the previously streaming podcast and hit play (should be playing through bluetooth now)

Same thing works in reverse to switch back to speaker or wired headset.

It seems that when you change streams in Kinoma it checks to see if bluetooth is attached or not.
    Last edited by mabmarc; 09/10/2008 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    For me, as much as I like the application it is a no go until the BT control...
    Yes, that's "AVRCP" (a.k.a. Bluetooth remote control), and it complements A2DP (a.k.a. Bluetooth audio). That certainly seems like a reasonable feature request.

...and (much more importantly) the ability to define what folders to scan are fixed.
    There are no plans for that. If you ever see media that's not your own, just let us know and we'll make the scanner smarter.

Note that program resources and other files in reserved system folders (i.e. \Storage Card\Program Files\) will never be scanned.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Yes, that's "AVRCP" (a.k.a. Bluetooth remote control), and it complements A2DP (a.k.a. Bluetooth audio). That certainly seems like a reasonable feature request.

There are no plans for that. If you ever see media that's not your own, just let us know and we'll make the scanner smarter.

Note that program resources and other files in reserved system folders (i.e. \Storage Card\Program Files\) will never be scanned.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles, would it be possible to add the option to not scan the files, simular to the POS Kinoma app? The scan is a minor annoyance in an otherwise great app.

Thanks
    it is a pretty big one........
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ...a VERY big one. Why would it be a problem to be able to define what files are scanned for media? Also seems like a reasonable request. As it is now, if i want to view my pictures i have to wade through hundreds of icons used for different programs to find the 10 pics i have on my device. This is not realistic.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    As it is now, if i want to view my pictures i have to wade through hundreds of icons used for different programs to find the 10 pics i have on my device.
    Good! That's the symptom. The problem is that you have one or two apps that are storing resources where they're not supposed to.

Now I need your help. Please do a Get Info on a few of those files, and let me know (you can email me at charles@ our domain) where Kinoma Play is finding them.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast