Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    also... i have 2 treo's.... and i need to buy to serial numbers.... that is not good
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    also... i have 2 treo's.... and i need to buy to serial numbers.... that is not good
    If you have two computers in your home, you are supposed to purchase two copies of Office as well.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If you have two computers in your home, you are supposed to purchase two copies of Office as well.
    Not necessarily. I have Office Home and Student Edition, and it comes with a license allowing three installations.

And, of course, some developers allow multiple installations on a single owners devices. (For instance, WebIS (PocketInformant)).

That being said, many other developers limit a license to one device at a time. So, if I swap between my Mogul and my Treo, I'd need to deactivate it for one while using the other, and visa versa. A bit of a pain, but that's the way much of the industry seems to be heading. (Fizzsoftware does this, too.)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Can you please add Major Nelson's podcast to the tech section of the list... www.majornelson.com

Also when using youtube and looking at a one of my subscriptions videos...what order is it in? is there anyway to put it in order of most recently posted, so i can see if there are new videos besides having to though them all to do so..

Thanks much
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I also have three legal installs of Office Pro on one license. Generally you have to call Microsoft for the third install. Lots of makers allow up to to three per license, lots offer discounts for multiple household licenses, and lots don't discount at all. The former two help prevent people from just getting it elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    How do you watch youtube? I can't. Is there an option within the program?

I GOT IT!!! YEA!!!! It is under "services" option within the program.
    It works great!
    I absolutely love it. It is everything I had hoped for and more. I do, however, experience the random loss of registration where I will open the program and it will behave as if the program was never registered. I'd like to see this fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    What could have been the enhancements in 0.55?
    That was a bug-fix release sent to select customers to see if it solves their specific problems.

I'm not running it, and I'd recommend that everyone who hasn't been contacted by support hold out for the first general update (happening soon).

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Hope this hasn't already been asked. Is there a way to define what folders this program searches for media? I have folders full of hundreds of icons and every time i open KinomaPlay it goes through the 5 minute process of searching ALL these folders. Very frustrating.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    I hope that general update contins the ability to cancel the startup scan, as well as the ability to manually scan folders.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'd settle for one successful complete scan, so that I can use Kinoma Play while using my SD card.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    I'd settle for one successful complete scan, so that I can use Kinoma Play while using my SD card.
    The problem with a complete scan is that your ringtones, device sound files, and application bitmaps gets scanned. Who wants those in their playlist.

Charls@Kinoma. I would also like to suggest the following...

1. Saving all the scanned files, favorites, and maybe even the history, into a config file. I noticed when I did the upgrade the other day, I lost all my favorites.
    2. Create groups in Favorites. that way you can create a group for News/Traffic/Weather, Humor, or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    The problem with a complete scan is that your ringtones, device sound files, and application bitmaps gets scanned. Who wants those in their playlist.

Charls@Kinoma. I would also like to suggest the following...

1. Saving all the scanned files, favorites, and maybe even the history, into a config file. I noticed when I did the upgrade the other day, I lost all my favorites.
    2. Create groups in Favorites. that way you can create a group for News/Traffic/Weather, Humor, or whatever.
    According to their blog, it should be possible tp put playlists of playlists in Favorites, but I've never been able to make this work.
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I recommend allowing the user to edit the label in favorites. My podcasts all look the same.
    I use BeyondPod to subscribe to podcasts. When I click on stream it doesn't find Kinoma to play the podcast. Any way to make them work together? I would really like to stream intsead of download podcasts but like the way beyondpod works.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I do, however, experience the random loss of registration where I will open the program and it will behave as if the program was never registered. I'd like to see this fixed.
    We would too! Can you please contact support at your earliest convenience to make sure this is properly tested and tracked? That way our QA team can also send you interim builds for testing if they need to.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    I found something interesting this afternoon. Up until now I've been using a stereo BT headset to listen to Kinoma. When I turn the power off, it's not been an issue so I was never sure what the problem was for all those people complaining about the sound stopping. Well this afternoon, I was trying out the wired headset that came with my 800, and sure enough - the same steps I took with the BT headset caused the sound to cut out using the wired headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I found something interesting this afternoon. Up until now I've been using a stereo BT headset to listen to Kinoma. When I turn the power off, it's not been an issue so I was never sure what the problem was for all those people complaining about the sound stopping. Well this afternoon, I was trying out the wired headset that came with my 800, and sure enough - the same steps I took with the BT headset caused the sound to cut out using the wired headset.
    It's the bluetooth driver that keeps the device from turning off. If I'm listening to music on the treo without bluetooth I just turn off the backlight.
    nice edition i just downloaded it and it looks friggen great
    i am a real big fan of www.slacker.com, i've downloaded your free program, lol just to try it out before purchasing it, because so many programs have not been compatible with my 800w, and i find that it wont allow me to open and play the internet radio station, so that was a test i wanted to give it before making a purchase or sending my trial credit card, is there something i'm doing wrong?
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby