Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    ...seems to be working when you stream music via web but it does not seem to work when playing MP3 files from local storage.
    I just tried this and it works fine on my Q 9c.

I also had our QA folks try it on an 800w, and Power/End took them to their Home screen (as it's supposed to according to the manual) and Kinoma Play kept on playing.

If you think it's behaving incorrectly, please let our support team know so they can test it, reproduce it and track it. Thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
    Is there an easy way to shuffle within a playlist that I'm just missing?
    When you create a playlist, the first item will be Shuffle.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    ...I also had our QA folks try it on an 800w, and Power/End took them to their Home screen (as it's supposed to according to the manual) and Kinoma Play kept on playing...
    The issue is if you press [END] key one more time after getting Home to turn off the screen (to conserve battery power) the player stops playing.

My question: is there a way to keep the player playing after turning off the screen - by using the [END] key or another hot key inside the player itself.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 08/28/2008 at 05:24 PM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have Black Me assigned to the start menu and I just hit Start B and it blanks the screen for Kinoma and the sound keeps playing.

FYI, I just received an email from support that a new version is available. The new version fixed the audible book grouping problem and made the bookmarks seem more reliable. The new version is 5.0.55 (old version 5.0.53). I am not sure if the free version is the same as the pay version. The free version was upgraded since that is what I am using.
    I use PHM screensaver assigned to the side button, works fine..

no update for paid version at least via OTA within the app..
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I did the tweak to change the red button to turn off the screen instead of going to the today screen by default. That solved that issue and the player still plays! maybe give that a shot?
    WEX
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I use PHM screensaver assigned to the side button, works fine..

no update for paid version at least via OTA within the app..
    Before I downloaded the Free App I went into Kinoma and hit the check for updates button and there were none. I downloaded the app from the website and it was at the new version.

You may want to go to their site in PIE and try downloading the full version to see if it is updated. Also, I didn't lose any settings after the update. Just had to activate the version on the first load.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwex View Post
    I did the tweak to change the red button to turn off the screen instead of going to the today screen by default. That solved that issue and the player still plays! maybe give that a shot?
    WEX
    I did the tweak also. It doesn't seem to work for me though. When I hit the red button the screen goes off and so does the sound. Maybe it got worse in the new version.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    What I do is hit Start and then Center to go to the Today screen. Then I hit the red End key to shut the screen off. Kinoma Player keeps playing no matter what I'm listening to.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwex View Post
    WEX
    Unfortunately, I have mine tweaked the same way but does not work on my phone.

How many are having this issue, maybe is some other software on my device causing this problem. However, I can turn off the screen with WMP and the player continues to work!
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Issues so far:

Shuffle command does not appear on any playlists.

Unable to add playlists created within Player to Favorites (can add playlists that are discrete files).

Player stops responding after a few hours of playback.

After Player has been running a while (takes up more than 10MB of memory), appears to close in WM 6.1 task manager, but kinoma.exe task continues running and cannot be closed. Player will not start again as long as kinoma.exe is running in background. Must soft reset to clear.

Once an audio stream is going through A2DP (streaming from the net or a local file), does not switch back to speaker when BT headset is turned off. Player must be completely restarted, which frequently doesn't work because of the unkillable kinoma.exe process.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I just did the Trial Pay to purchase kinoma. It was easy. Anyway, I noticed the following:

Pay Version: Pressing the Hacked RED button will shut the screen off and keep music playing. Icon for Kinoma is GREEN.

Free Version: Hacked RED button will shut the screen off and the audio will stop when pressed. Icon for Kinoma is BLUE.

Maybe we should indicate what version of the software we have when talking about issues.

I have Version 5.0.55 Kinoma Play (registered)
    Jeff,

Shuffle command does not appear on any playlists.
    It's a music playlist, correct? How did you make it? How many tracks does it have in it?

Unable to add playlists created within Player to Favorites (can add playlists that are discrete files).
    Kinoma Play currently doesn't support that, but it seems like it should. I'll pass it along as a feature request.

Once an audio stream is going through A2DP (streaming from the net or a local file), does not switch back to speaker when BT headset is turned off.
    Could you report this (if you haven't already) so it can be properly tested and tracked by our support team? (Thanks!)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    To get the latest update 5.0.55 for those who paid for the full version, just go to the link in the email you received with the Purchase Key number. The OTA (over the air) doesn't see the new version.

Charles@Kinoma, I suggest when starting Kinoma, to ask the user to have one of the following choices...
    1. Scan device for media files
    2. Scan folder (including sub folders) for media files
    3. Skip Scan
    With an option to remember the selection.

Also within the app, to allow a manual scan at the user's convernience.

It's just a#$@#% PITA having to wait for the Kinoma to scan my ring tones, app .bmp files, etc., when I don't care about them.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/29/2008 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    To get the latest update 5.0.55 for those who paid for the full version, just go to the link in the email you received with the Purchase Key number. The OTA (over the air) doesn't see the new version.

Charles@Kinoma, I suggest when starting Kinoma, to ask the user to have one of the following choices...
    1. Scan device for media files
    2. Scan folder (including sub folders) for media files
    3. Skip Scan
    With an option to remember the selection.

Also within the app, to allow a manual scan at the user's convernience.

It's just a#$@#% PITA having to wait for the Kinoma to scan my ring tones, app .bmp files, etc., when I don't care about them.
    Thanks for this info...

What could have been the enhancements in 0.55?
    I think there was something related to audible if I recall (might have been earlier in this thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    Thanks for this info...

What could have been the enhancements in 0.55?
    I haven't noticed anything different. I only use it really for listening to streamed stations. Dang things keeps scanning my device. Unfortunately, I tried copying the URL of the local stations I listen onto PTunes and it won't work. So I'm forced to use Kinoma.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    In case anyone is thinking about buying this but can't quite swallow the $30.00 price, you can save $6.00 here:

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...5&postcount=17
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    hey guys does anyone experience problems viewing youtube videos? even when I use my wifi which im getting well over 25000 in the badnwith test...the video is choppy and it seems to stop ever so
    often. I have read some user comments and most of them state that youtube works very well...any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    hey guys does anyone experience problems viewing youtube videos? even when I use my wifi which im getting well over 25000 in the badnwith test...the video is choppy and it seems to stop ever so
    often. I have read some user comments and most of them state that youtube works very well...any suggestions?
    I think their buffering algorithm isn't really good enough and need improving.

Surur
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast