Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Hit the "OK" button to go to the home screen, then hit the "Red" button. PIA... but it works. I then "relaunch" the player using the task manager when needed.
    Tried this method but won't keep the player alive when screen is turned off - major flaw in my opinion.

Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Tried this method but won't keep the player alive when screen is turned off - major flaw in my opinion.

Any other ideas?
    I enable Keyguard, which turns off the screen, but keeps Kinoma running.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the free version. My audio keeps playing when I hit the red button. The audio does "skip" for a second or two, but it picks right back up and keeps playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I enable Keyguard, which turns off the screen, but keeps Kinoma running.
    Tried this, does not work on my phone...can't figure why - I can easily do this with WMP...
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Tried this, does not work on my phone...can't figure why - I can easily do this with WMP...
    Same issue here with either local files and/or internet streaming.....very disappointing. I love the Palm version of this application. I hope it's a bug that can be quickly resolved.
    Last edited by aixguru; 08/26/2008 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper View Post
    I just purchased KinomaPlayer for my 800w. I tried to activate it over the air and I get the error message "No record of this purchase token."
    Most likely, that means you've mistyped the Purchase Key. We'll try to make that error message more informative in a future release.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Know what's missing from the Guide (although I sure appreciate seeing msmobiles.com podcast in there!) - thecellphonejunkie!
    The Cell Phone Junkie podcast will be in tomorrow's Kinoma Guide. (Thanks!)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Charles, is there any trick to turn off the devices screen while playing music?
    This looks cool. Just wish I knew about this before I paid for Pocket Tunes a few weeks ago. It is a bit pricey...
    Ooof, yes. Considering that a full-featured music player is just a small part of Kinoma Play, other vendors are going to have to reconsider their pricing.

Also, you can get Kinoma Play for free by checking out with TrialPay. And even the free Kinoma FreePlay does a lot more than Pocket Tunes.

http://kinoma.com/freeplay/download/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles, is there any trick to turn off the devices screen while playing music?
    Nope, you just use your phone's normal display-off features.

On my Motorola Q9c I hold the Message/Display Key for a second and the screen goes off. I can also press Home+space to lock the device and the screen will turn off in a few seconds.

My recommendation for anybody that's having trouble with this is to contact support. It may be as simple as creating a FAQ that documents display-off commands for various devices.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Any other ideas?
    Are you playing a music file or streaming radio? It worked for me streaming a station.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    The Cell Phone Junkie podcast will be in tomorrow's Kinoma Guide. (Thanks!)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Woohoo!!!! I know my loyalties should lie elsewhere, but I think Mickey Papillon does the best podcasts ever.
    Are you playing a music file or streaming radio? It worked for me streaming a station.
    I have no problem streaming podcasts after turning the screen off. Are you saying that playing music can't happen with the screen off? Don't have any music on my 800w so can't try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    I bought this, but then removed it from my device in favor of PocketTunes. Here's why - in the time I tested it, it looked like it wouldn't support playback controls from my stereo BT headset (I use a Sony Ericsson one that is great), and there were also a few other features that I HAD to have, from my pTunes usage:

I liked how pTunes allowed you to fully exit the app (as in - totally close it; not just minimize it), and then when it fired back up again it would start ON ITS OWN, right where you left, based on an option setting. That was critical to me. Probably the most important.

I didn't like how Kinoma would play an album alphabetically, as opposed to oriiginal song order. Probably a way to change that, but it wasn't obvious to me.

I also didn't like how each time I launched the app anew, it would scan through all my media. I have a ton, and that became bothersome (yes I saw from Dieter's video that would lessen over time, but still - sheesh).

Back to pTunes! Yes, Kinoma has some cool movement process, and is a very comprehensive total media player, but all I need is a quick and simple music player. I've grown accustomed to pTunes (and I gave up Pocket Player in favor of pTunes, so I've been around a bit on this) and I really like it. Perhaps pTunes needs some 'coolness' work, but it is good for me.
    Same here. I switched back to Ptunes as well. The continuous scanning got to me. I use it for listening to streamed stations. I don't care to have my ring tones scanned and put in a song list.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Also, I checked out Orb. That is a great service for Kinoma Player. However, all of my albums have the same album art. Is that on Orb's side or the Knoma Player?
    Update: This is a problem with Orb, not Kinoma. For some reason, Orb uses one album art image for all music.
    Malatesta,

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words! A couple comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    we need to be able to turn off the device (screen) but continue to play music, etc.
    You can just use the device's global display-off command. If it's not working like you think it should, definitely let us know so we can resolve any device-specific issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Select All option when playing music: right now I'm not sure how to choose all the songs in a folder...
    Just play the first song, and it'll continue just like CD player.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Playing music from my SD card which is my most common application. When I hit the [END] key to turn off the screen, then music plays for a few seconds and then stops, restarts as soon as I turn the screen back on.

Have not tried streaming yet.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    ...You can just use the device's global display-off command. If it's not working like you think it should, definitely let us know so we can resolve any device-specific issues...
    Charles, seems to be working when you stream music via web but it does not seem to work when playing MP3 files from local storage.

So far this is my major gripe (expecting of course that full Bluetooth control functionality is "on the works" for a near future release), the player is great.

One additional suggestion, I would like to have a setting to allow disabling the automatic scanning function - I certainly know when any new media has been added to my phone and can choose to do a manual scan when needed.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Is there an easy way to shuffle within a playlist that I'm just missing?
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I am on a Sprint Touch and cannot figure out how to easier turn off the screen with this player. I love the interface otherwise and purchased it within minutes of trying it out. Also, I am surprised it will not play my AVI files so I have to keep TCPMP for now. any other Touch users figure this out?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast