Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Steps View Post
    So, I am a ***** when it comes to streaming internet radio on my phone. I want to listen to a couple sports stations, but I have no clue with the URL of the stream is. I tried one that ended in a .asfx but Kimona said unsupported MIME or something. Does that mean it just wont work on my phone?
    It may.

Did you try using the search under radio for your station call letters or by frequency?
    Under search - try US radio by Tuned.mobi
    In Kinoma Guide under Radio there are search engines for Clear Channel, SHOUTcast Tuner2, and others. I'll bet your station is already there. You can also try searching on "sports" and that may get you there without typing in the URL from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by videoscraper View Post
    It may.
    In addition to videoscaper's excellent advice, if you mention specifically what you're looking for we can help you find it, and even add it to Kinoma Guide if it's not already there.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    Disregard this..Issue Resolved!
    Cool! For other folks following the thread, note that we have excellent support folks who are happy to help out with individual tech support and customer service issues.

http://kinoma.com/support/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    overall I really like it so far (got through trialplay)..search feature for the guide is excellent, made it really easy to find my favorite radio stations and add them to my favorites! some thoughts/suggestions for improvement:
    Thank you! I appreciate the thought you put into the list.

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    3. ability to remove items from my media files library.
    Show menu pod with right soft-key, Media > Delete.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Know what's missing from the Guide (although I sure appreciate seeing msmobiles.com podcast in there!) - thecellphonejunkie!
    This looks cool. Just wish I knew about this before I paid for Pocket Tunes a few weeks ago. It is a bit pricey, but I may just keep an eye on this thread for further development of the player.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I absolutely love the player, except that any videos I take with the 800w won't play in the player. I get an error saying it doesn't have the codec for qlepc.

I checked with Kinoma, and they said that qlepc isn't licenese for 3rd party players on the Treo 800w, so you can't access it.

Is anyone else seeing this same problem? If so, how are you skirting the problem? Are you installing a 3rd party codec somewhere?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma
    Show menu pod with right soft-key, Media > Delete.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    This seems to delete the actual file rather than remove from the library listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    In addition to videoscaper's excellent advice, if you mention specifically what you're looking for we can help you find it, and even add it to Kinoma Guide if it's not already there.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I actually did find it in the radio search. This player is AMAZING. Its really the best player on a cell phone I've ever used. It just really cool and looks so nice with the design and animations. However, it does take a lot of memory to use and it seems to drain battery pretty quickly, but other than that I love this app.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Anyone able to get the screen to go off when the Kinoma player is playing? Mine stays on and when I hit the red button the audio stops.
    Hi,

I've been playing with it for awhile...my only gripe is that it can't seem to recognize my SD card, which makes it difficult - since all of my media is on my card.

Streaming works great, though!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    This thing is an amazing media player
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
    I absolutely love the player, except that any videos I take with the 800w won't play in the player. I get an error saying it doesn't have the codec for qlepc.

I checked with Kinoma, and they said that qlepc isn't licenese for 3rd party players on the Treo 800w, so you can't access it.

Is anyone else seeing this same problem? If so, how are you skirting the problem? Are you installing a 3rd party codec somewhere?
    I'm able to see the videos I took with the Treo, but it says there is an unsupported audio codec.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I'm able to see the videos I took with the Treo, but it says there is an unsupported audio codec.

That's is what I meant ... It won't play the audio.

I talked to Kinoma support, and they say the reason that the audio works in WMP is because the qcelp codec (qualcomm) is a 3rd party codec that is secured in to WMP, and not open for 3rd party apps to use.

Seeing as how someone had an AAC codec for TCPMP, I'm sure it is only a matter of time until someone figures it out. I have tried a few things and I can't figure out a work around.
    Charles,

Fantastic program, certainly one of the best apps for WM to date.

A few suggestions:

• Power Red Key: we need to be able to turn off the device (screen) but continue to play music, etc. Right now, it shuts off the sound. This can be done as pTunes already does it by default.
    • AVRCP: like others noted
    • Need a way to get back to the main screen of the program with one click or menu selection, other wise it takes too many button presses
    • Select All option when playing music: right now I'm not sure how to choose all the songs in a folder (unless I'm missing something)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have an audible account and the ability to stream from my library is nice. I did notice however that books that have a single part show up perfect with the title and the thumbnail. Books that have multiple parts are grouped into folders for each book. This wouldn't be a problem if the name of the folder was the name of the book with the parts.

I have the following in my list:

Odd Thomas
    Charles Dickens
    Odd Thomas
    Steven King
    Odd Thomas
    James Patterson'

55 Odd Thomas folders with different authors. Inside each folder it will list a thumbnail (unreadable in most cases) and the words Part1, Part2, Part3 etc... but no book title (except on the thumbnail).

Anyone else have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    Anyone able to get the screen to go off when the Kinoma player is playing? Mine stays on and when I hit the red button the audio stops.
    Hit the "OK" button to go to the home screen, then hit the "Red" button. PIA... but it works. I then "relaunch" the player using the task manager when needed.
    Charles, the Maximum PC podcast was not listed in the guide last time I checked.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/maximumpc/1337

I added it manually as a favorite but it labels it 1337 instead of Maximum PC Podcast. I don't see a way to change the name of the favorite.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Charles, the Maximum PC podcast was not listed in the guide last time I checked.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/maximumpc/1337

I added it manually as a favorite but it labels it 1337 instead of Maximum PC Podcast. I don't see a way to change the name of the favorite.
    I added a bunch of Patriots audio and video podcasts. It labeled them all as "Index". I can't see any way to give them a more descriptive label. I have to open each one to see which one it is.

Also, I checked out Orb. That is a great service for Kinoma Player. However, all of my albums have the same album art. Is that on Orb's side or the Knoma Player?
    I just purchased KinomaPlayer for my 800w. I tried to activate it over the air and I get the error message "No record of this purchase token." I then tried to activate it manually, but i need the device id. Where do I find the device id on the 800w?
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast